Auto Story Pole Dimensions Issue

wjmdes

Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

542142709_AutoStoryPole.thumb.jpg.2a00cdad40e8c4b4d1e374ecfdf5ba28.jpg

On 1/22/2020 at 9:56 AM, wjmdes said:

Not sure if this was an issue in X11, but in X12, I added "FIELD VERIFY" to Trailing Text under Segments and it also added "FIELD VERIFY" into the extension next to the elevation.  Fortunately, in this case, that is fine, but maybe an issue in the future.

542142709_AutoStoryPole.thumb.jpg.2a00cdad40e8c4b4d1e374ecfdf5ba28.jpg

The framer does not care about ceiling height but instead top of stud wall.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, raltd9245 said:

The framer does not care about ceiling height but instead top of stud wall.

Top of stud wall (plate) and rough ceiling are the same thing.  On this particular project, it is a remodel, so the framer needs to match existing elevations.

2 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Top of stud and rough ceiling are the same thing.

I think you mean Top of Wall Plate and Rough Ceiling are the same thing...   Typically  that is probable right, but I usually use Top of Plate as well

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I think you mean Top of Wall Plate and Rough Ceiling are the same thing...   Typically  that is probable right, but I usually use Top of Plate as well

I am also a structural/civil engineer and I have always associated plate height with structural steel.  But as long as the guy swinging the hammer understands...

32 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Depends on construction I usually use strapping theen apply the ceiling makes for a more uniform ceiling.

4 hours ago, raltd9245 said:

Depends on construction I usually use strapping then apply the ceiling makes for a more uniform ceiling.

Yes, in Chief that would be the Finished Ceiling Height though , not the Rough Ceiling Height which would normally be the Wall Height or Top Plates.

M.

• Upvote 1