Hammer7

Roof generation issues

Hello,

I created a new plan from an existing foundation and then made lots of little changes along the way.  I deleted some auto generated attic walls and tried to build the roofs and I have a really unusual shape to the roof.  Can anyone explain how that program would have generated something so unusual?  

CONTI_10_IRIS_12_30.19.plan

The are at least 3 areas on the second floor with no Room definition ...hence no Roof planes there ...and them building off the 1st floor walls instead.

image.thumb.png.2fc38c6434bc34ea3257f1227c64ba44.png

17 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

Hello,

I created a new plan from an existing foundation and then made lots of little changes along the way.  I deleted some auto generated attic walls and tried to build the roofs and I have a really unusual shape to the roof.  Can anyone explain how that program would have generated something so unusual?  

CONTI_10_IRIS_12_30.19.plan

Like KBird said...the program is doing just what you "told" it to do. I have no idea what you wanted the roof to look like, but I drew up one version and cleaned a LOT of other things in the plan.

CONTI_10_IRIS_12:31:19.plan

Thank you, and Happy New Year!  

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes a room has no room definition and it's hard to determine what element is missing to provide that definition....thank you

6 minutes ago, Hammer7 said:

and it's hard to determine what element is missing to provide that definition.

It's always a wall, almost always an auto generated wall. I often just group select all walls and uncheck No Room Definition in mass.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1