Blocking orientation reversed on stacked gables

JohnPoulson

I am attaching a soffit assembly that includes a 2x8 ledger, 2x8 blocking and 2x8 fly rafter to a stacked gable.  Why I place the blocking in the top gable, the blocking is in the wrong orientation, mimicking blocking that would be placed in the lower gable.  I've tried everything I can think of to correct it, including drawing the blocking, copying other blocking, building the assembly outside of it's final position, even creating a cad block from the assembly and positioning ( which works until I explode the block and mirrors the blocking). This is a 24 unit, 3 story Apartment structure, so the material takeoff needs to be as accurate as possible and blocking will account for quite a bit of material.  I know the mirrored blocking in accounted for  in takeoff, but this is really bugging me.

Apparently, individual components (Subfascia, blocking, etc) cannot be reflected, so that wasn't an option either.

Anyone know how to correct the issue?

Thanks,

Fly Rafter Assembly.png

2019-12-08_15-37-29.png

Chopsaw,

Great video, kinda confirmed what I suspected, just wasn't sure how to overcome it.  Prior to my post, in one of my attempts to fix, I temporarily pulled the roof plane out to construct the assembly, which worked, but changed back (wrong orientation) when I moved it to it's correct position and exploded.  Forgot to move the roof plane back in.  Your fix stays permanent.

I have another issue with this drawing, which I will submit in another post dealing with disappearing deck framing in 3D at the 2nd floor.

Thanks again for your help.