Best Product For Me

cfl2011

I'm a Civil Engineering Student and I've been looking for a great software like this one for awhile. I mainly want the software to create and keep up with my own home ideas and maybe even some friends who have asked me to design homes for them. My question is which product should I buy the Architectural or the Pro? I feel like the Pro will be a great investment but at the same time i believe the architectural will serve my main purpose.

Welcome:

this forum is mainly for Chief Premier users

but HD PRO users can find benefit from following it

check out the Homedesigner forum which is aimed at the HD products

I started with PRO and would consider that the minimum starting point

as it is the only HD product to have manual tools for roofs, framing, cabinets etc

the other HD products are very limited in their features

I have also recommended that users consider getting Chief Premier has 4 times the features

over HD PRO and can save a ton of money when playing the "what if" game

in relation to architect fees

If you do get PRO and then bump into its limits the cost can be applied towards the upgrade

be aware that Chief or HD are not engineering programs and any designs should be reviewed

by trained/licensed professionals before building

Lew

I'm am aware just using it for design purposes only. I just have a passion i guess you can say for home design and want to design my own and build it one day. I've just been looking for a product to store my ideas mainly

Since you are a "student" the student version of Chief Premier is vastly superior to Home Designer Pro although there are more tools and settings to learn. If you are not, in fact a student, then Home Designer Pro is the way to go (If you bought just Architectural, I am sure you would be sorry later and then want to upgrade to HD Pro).

DJP