How Do People Put Panels On The Side Of Cabinets?

4hotshoez

Just noticed something weird.  While in your plan, I went to the base cabinets default (with only your plan open) and it was showing my profile plan base cabinet for which I have the backsplash zeroed out.  When I added a backsplash to the default base cabinet, a backsplash showed up in your plan, even over the thin end cabinet you added. 

Out of curiosity, is your plan default base (on your computer) the same as the base cabinets you are using in the kitchen of your plan and does it include a backsplash?

post-191-0-41728600-1412786945_thumb.jpg

Also, I don't seem to have access to the custom backsplash tool ... it is grayed out.  I need to figure out why that is!

In playing around with your satellite base cabinet, I put one of your thin cabinets on each side, pushed it up against the wall and took this full camera render view:

post-191-0-15272300-1412787747_thumb.jpg

I love being confused ... I was expecting the backsplash for this cabinet combo to have a "full" backsplash as well but that didn't happen.  :unsure:

I can get the custom backsplash tool to work in 3d camera views ... just not in plan.

post-191-0-09898600-1412788243_thumb.jpg

I guess I am 'sort of' happy now.  :)

Yup ... figured that out.  Actually I haven't been using that tool but have been using other methods.  I think I will experiment a bit more with it and might be switching methods if this works as well as it looks like it does.