Stephen999

Chief Architect Export Multiple Wall Layers?

Recommended Posts

Hello sorry if the title sounds confusing but i have noticed that in Chief when you make a wall it makes numerous wall Layers now i only want the wall outside and wall inside as the inside layers are never seen is this possible because it make the mesh very hard to work with once exported into a 3D Application such as Blender 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stephen999 said:

Hello sorry if the title sounds confusing but i have noticed that in Chief when you make a wall it makes numerous wall Layers now i only want the wall outside and wall inside as the inside layers are never seen is this possible because it make the mesh very hard to work with once exported into a 3D Application such as Blender 

Need to know what version of Software you're using? Kind of hard to understand what you're wanting to accomplish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m using the most current version of the program? 

 

Yes what hat I mean is when you create a wall in chief and zoom in you don't just see the back and front walls inside you can see layers of wall that are pointless being there as you don’t see them unless you zoom inside a wall. 

 

I want to know if there’s a way of removing those inside wall layers that arnt needed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stephen999 said:

I want to know if there’s a way of removing those inside wall layers that arnt needed 

 

If keeping the model correct is not an issue you can change your wall definition and just include an interior layer of " Opening (no material)".  I an not sure how Blender will see that though, possibly still 3 materials.  Another reason to have general access to "No Material".

 

Or maybe even better would be to have only a middle layer of framing and don't frame your walls or turn off the layer before exporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

 

If keeping the model correct is not an issue you can change your wall definition and just include an interior layer of " Opening (no material)".  I an not sure how Blender will see that though, possibly still 3 materials.  Another reason to have general access to "No Material".

Hi can you alter wall definition for already made plans?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stephen999 said:

Hi can you alter wall definition for already made plans?

 

Sure just open each type and edit it or group select and change to a new type to preserve the original definition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

 

Sure just open each type and edit it or group select and change to a new type to preserve the original definition.

Hi can you tell 

e how to do those things as I’m still learning this software? Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28135
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    bryanwilber
    Newest Member
    bryanwilber
    Joined