Glass House - Outlines Missing in Camera View Reference Display

GCCISarah

Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief X11, using a Camera View with a Reference Display of the As-Built, I have the As-Built Reference Display file set to render as a Glass House view. The Glass House referenced model displays, but without any of the dark outlines to show the features of the model. I have included an image of a remodel I am working on currently, where the referenced As-Built shows as a faint blue shape. Nothing like the examples Chief gives of a reference display, below.

Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I have also included an example image from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.

This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* in the plan I'm working on. If I were working on a plan and change the rendering technique to Glass House, the outlines are visible. This only happens in Reference Display.

image.thumb.png.fa4b0b1141802271efd85f757b540ad5.png    image.thumb.png.9f1d34ccfaeac06fec9688b84c89d7da.png image.thumb.png.4bf98caa028338748e8b2ff155857361.png

18 hours ago, GCCISarah said:

Hi everyone-

In the last several plans I have created in chief X11, using a Camera View with a Reference Display of the As-Built, I have the As-Built Reference Display file set to render as a Glass House view. The Glass House referenced model displays, but without any of the dark outlines to show the features of the model. I have included an image of a remodel I am working on currently, where the referenced As-Built shows as a faint blue shape. Nothing like the examples Chief gives of a reference display, below.

Any thoughts on what setting I might be able to change to get the 'outlines' back. I have also included an example image from Chief I found online, which has the desired 'outlines' in black.

This does ONLY happen when I'm using Glass House View as a *Reference Display* in the plan I'm working on. If I were working on a plan and change the rendering technique to Glass House, the outlines are visible. This only happens in Reference Display.

image.thumb.png.fa4b0b1141802271efd85f757b540ad5.png    image.thumb.png.9f1d34ccfaeac06fec9688b84c89d7da.png image.thumb.png.4bf98caa028338748e8b2ff155857361.png

This really is an exciting new capability, so we hope they'll iron it out. What I've done is switch the roles. Do the main plan in glass and reference the other plan in "Standard". That way the glass house part looks better. (What they did in your third image.)  Not optimal, but........

• 1 year later...
On 10/16/2019 at 5:05 PM, GCCISarah said:

Hi everyone-

Were you ever able to find a solution to this issue that allows you to have the remodeled plan in the glass house reference and the "as-is" in the standard view?

29 minutes ago, MILLSpec said:

that allows you to have the remodeled plan in the glass house reference and the "as-is" in the standard view?

Open the 3D view in Remodel and reference the As Built instead of the other way around. Change the current view to Glass house and the reference view to standard.

image.thumb.png.c98948d35aa315f6a073562752b12afc.png