Sketch Type App

Bryon1968

Looking for a format to use when measuring and sketching up a job, such as a remodel, addition or flip. I would like to be able to use an iPad or Surface Pro type device with a digital pen as opposed to graph paper and pencil. I would like to be able to dimension the plan to scale, and also take a pic of the potential job site or room and sketch over it. Importing the sketch into chief would be a bonus, but not totally necessary. Just trying to avoid taking my lap top to the job site and drawing things there. I would rather quickly digitally sketch it up for the client, show them ideas and get on with the meeting, then come back to the office and do the plans with Chief.

I have been researching apps but not seeing anything useful.

Any ideas? What is everyone using for this type of thing?

Thanks!

Bryon

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I use a "remarkable" device for measurements, it will export a "PDF". It also has cloud storage. Going to the next page is a simple button push. It's like pen  and paper

https://remarkable.com/?msclkid=fa81ebc56a711d994da5b6bc7178d6c5

Cool, but pricey. How long have you been using yours?

Just wondering what the lifespan of something like that would be...

2 hours ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I use a "remarkable" device for measurements, it will export a "PDF". It also has cloud storage. Going to the next page is a simple button push. It's like pen  and paper

https://remarkable.com/?msclkid=fa81ebc56a711d994da5b6bc7178d6c5

Does it work well for sketching plans? Also does it have a dimension feature? How exactly are you using it? 

Thanks for the info!

1 hour ago, Chrisb222 said:

Cool, but pricey. How long have you been using yours?

Just wondering what the lifespan of something like that would be...

I have been using mine for about 2 years, bought it when it was newly released, they add new features  and bug fixes every now and again. Never had any problems so far

59 minutes ago, Bryon1968 said:

Does it work well for sketching plans? Also does it have a dimension feature? How exactly are you using it? 

Thanks for the info!

sketching plans is good, has eraser and many types of pens and different shades of grayscale. the grid background helps with plans, but no dimensions. really good for as-builds.  also very light to carry around.