rabbit

Go to solution Solved by rabbit,

Hello,

I can not figure this one out. I have X6. When I pick an item from a core library it does something strange and frustrating. I pick a folder, and I immediately see a graphic showing a number of items. Sometimes this is fine, as I can tell from the graphic what the item is. When I click on the item, it takes about 4 seconds to load in the window below so I can see how the item will look as a rendered object. With some manufacturers items in the past, I did something similar. The difference was, after I selected and it took the 4 seconds to load, it was always in my library and would immediately pop up when I selected it the next time. Now, every time I go back to a particular item I have to wait 4 seconds for it to load to see it. For items you want to use over and over this is a waste of time.

The biggest problem so far is with lights. Say I pick the folder for flush mount lights. It shows me about 20 graphics in a window for the lights with their names. The graphics look all the same so I can not select one out of the group. To actually see what each light is, I have to select one, wait 4 seconds, see it as a rendered view, and go on to another. If I go back to that object, I again have to wait 4 seconds. This is extremely time consuming if you are trying to quickly pick out an appropriate light from many. You want to be able to scroll down a list and see each one as you go. It seems like each one is downloading each time you select it. If so, why? How can I download all the library core graphics so they are in the machine and stay there for my use.

I have no problem with the user librarys, just the manufacturer and core.

Thanks to anyone who might have a suggestion.

The graphics look all the same so I can not select one out of the group.

I have observed the same thing, I think a "suggestion" is in order for that, time and click wasting which could be solved by better symbol adminestration by Chief Inc.

As to the "four seconds" you spoke of, I have not experienced this at all (it may be due to the differences in our hardware perhaps).

I do fully agree that using the same 2D block for many symbols is lazy and stupid, especially when you can place a symbol and then regenerate that symbol to have a new 2D symbol manually, one wonders why this step was skipped before shipping the library (perhaps too little staff and too little time but I recommend that the time be taken and the libraries reissued).

DJP

post-81-0-65459500-1394037221_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Thanks to you both. In the state of mind where a machine upgrade is starting to be seen on my horizon. But what I am hearing is that the object is not downloaded over and over but just takes a while to get at. Hmmm.

It Seems Mr. Carrick calls the winning play. By toggling the "Toggle Preview Display" button on the bottom it started working properly. Vector mode was taking 4 seconds at least on mine (Hardware could fix that) but render is all I need to see what I am getting. I don't need to hide the selection pane either.

Thanks to both. Something got fixed and I learned something.