Angled Corner Cabinets

Joe_Carrick

Attached is a Symbol Library with a Base and a Wall Cabinet that fit in Obtuse Angle Corners. This is a common problem that Chief hasn't provided an easy solution for.

The trick is pretty simple:

1. I used Angle Front Cabinets and set the Left Side to 1/16" Depth

2. I set the Back to "Match Front"

3. I rotated the Cabinet 180 degrees so the Back is now facing out.

The Width and Depths can be changed to fit other angles (these are set to 45 degrees.

Note that the Base Cabinet has no Toe Kick and is set to 4" above the Floor. Use a Slab to create a Toe-Kick Base.

You should also open the Components List and edit the Description and probably uncheck a couple of the Components that you wouldn't want in the Materials List.

Anything you change on the Front of the Cabinet will automatically be reflected on the back so this is a pretty flexible set of symbols.

post-47-0-50618000-1411509550_thumb.jpg

Cabinets - Obtuse Angle.calibz

• Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

Once you have the back matching the front you can then change it to "custom front" and change the front to blanks. You will then be configuring the back directly and won't have any extra doors or drawers floating around. Note that the side can be set to "0" if need be.

• 5 years later...

Hi Joe. This is exactly the solution I need, but I'm pretty new to Chief and the only mention of "match front" I can find is in your posts. Where is that option located? Can you share a screen shot or directions for how to find that setting, please?