POLYGON SHAPED DECK

UserKenW

working in x9 I am having trouble with a polygon shaped deck with roof.  One problem I have is when I highlight the deck on main level I have no handles to move the entire structure.  What I am trying to do is have the polygon shaped deck sit over the corner of a separate rectangular shaped deck.  Additional problems are:

-if I put polygon in correct position initially the framing interferes with rectangular deck framing. 

-if I raise floor level of polygon deck only the walls and roof raise

-Should I be able to rebuild floor framing after raising structure

if anyone has attached a polygon deck to another deck especially sitting on step up I would love to exchange notes. 2091813905_7802WelchwGazebo0516.thumb.jpg.668abb1748539f4dffad23e9ffceaf37.jpg847516337_7802WelchGazeboOverheadView.thumb.jpg.4358bc42c1f819ba49d094ea0452c93b.jpg

You should be able to move the whole deck by selecting all of the walls.

You may need to do some manual framing for a situation like that.

There is a setting  for "Automatically regenerate deck framing" on the Deck tab of the Room DBX

That 2nd floor deck looks to me to be weak structurally , top heavy, you may want an engineer to look at that.   Steel posts buried for lateral or steel shear walls beneath imbedded into some type of column. Just for f.y.i.