How to divide up inside of tall cabinet but keep 2 tall doors

sweetmelissa

I feel like there is a simple answer to this, but I haven't found it yet.  I can't believe I haven't run into this problem before.  I need the tall cabinet on the right to have 2 tall doors, however inside it will have a pull out laundry basket and various shelves as shown in the pic.  I can't figure out how to make this happen, because when I split up the inside of the cabinets, the doors split up as well.  My fix is to just show a screen shot of the cabinet with the doors off so the client can see the inside configuration.  Is there a way to get this done without having to do that?? Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your time. 

Outside.PNG

Without doors.PNG

Shelves, manual, change quantity, per shelf use "library". Select a symbol that is a fixture. If what you want is not a fixture convert it. If you need to keep the size of the object set the stretch plane outside it-as in a Z stretch plane set at 30" will keep a 24" high object from resizing. That also allows you to make the shelf dimension anything you want but still have the symbol look correct.

1 hour ago, sweetmelissa said:

Oh! Wow! Ok, I'll give it a try! :) Thanks!

Good and hopefully you're on your way.

When I saw Joe's suggestion decided to have at this. Really would not want to float doors for inset cabinets (actually not since X6 or 7)

Attached plan with some of the steps to get there. Finished off cabinet with the washer dryer in a couple of minutes.

The hamper section was a little tricky but with the new convert to symbol tool was easier than it used to was.

Look at the parts used for that-wall cabinet on floor.

OPEN all the objects DBX AND open each symbol, look at  all settings. Then go to the cabinet DBX-you'll be an expert in no time :)

Joe-I really wouldn't want to float doors on inset cabinets (actually at all if it can be helped)

Laundry cab.png

laundry cabinet.plan

• Upvote 1