Mirror reflection error - X11

GCCISarah

Hi all,

All mirrors from the catalog(s) that I am placing show a bright yellow cast and pixels on the reflective surface of the mirror itself. The mirror IS reflecting the room around it, but the bright yellow color and pixelation never resolves itself. The first photo is the 'Standard' camera view rendering technique, where the yellow is at its brightest. The second attachment is 'Physically Based' rendering technique, where the yellow is faded a bit.

I had no problems in X10, but this issue has been in all of my plans so far using X11.  

Any thoughts? The mirror material is set as a 'Mirror', with 100% reflection. I've not changed any defaults, preferences, or qualities about the mirror material or camera views that I could think would affect the reflective quality. Help appreciated.

image.thumb.png.a9ad81436c14ffd724c1865237084202.pngimage.thumb.png.d5d7d3da88b054dbf578bf3565206c6e.png 

This seems to be specific to your template or computer setup.  You could post a test plan file that is showing the error and let us know a little more about you video card and driver version.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LeighSupplies
    Newest Member
    LeighSupplies

• By lashleydesign
      Hello All, 

My name is Lauren Brantley, I am located in the heart of Virginia I specialize in 3D visualization/rendering services. 
      CLICK HERE to watch a video on my processes 

To know more about my services CLICK HERE 

I would love to connect on social as well you can find me @lashleydesign on all social networks. 

• By TimelessJohn
      Hi All,
      I have a small insignificant detail problem that I wish to resolve and wonder if anyone has a Tip or Trick to fixing the fact that my Steel I Beams show up perfectly in my Posts and Deck patio beams but not in my roof beams.

I have changed all of my defaults to I Beams in my settings to no avail, just curious if this a detail I will have to learn to live with or a glitch in Chief?

Also I would like my I beams to show in the interior walls and imagine in order for this to happen I will need to create a niche and paint it black steel? Correct?

Please see attached image.

Thank you in advance,
      John 
      Steel I Beam Issue.pdf
    • By Renerabbitt
      Do you have 10+ years in the software and wonder if you've been missing some tips and tricks? Have you been able to break the 15 hour condoc set?
      Maybe you are a proficient user that wants to know everything that there is to know in Chief.
      Rendering, Automation, Resources, Symbols, Quick Tools, Style Pallets, PDF Tools, Templates, and more.

We believe in lifting the community up. All of our tools and resources are available to you. With training that can be personal, team oriented, prerecorded, livestreamed, interactive. We offer training in over 15 softwares from Drafting and Detailing to Modeling, Advanced Texturing, Procedural Workflows, Node Based Design, Macro Creations, DAMs, Automation, VR Workflows, Streaming Overlays and Masks and much much more. Tell us your needs and we will connect you with the package or the right resource.

Some example learning modules:
      Concentric Jump your dimension strings
      Enter-input your jumps and Enter-close your DBX's
      Snap jump your door widths, concentric jump your windows
      Alt behavior tips, contain-selection and deselection workflows with tool restrictions. 
      Tons of cabinet tools and tips, including custom one-off parametrically modelled vanities and more.
      Custom Toolbar Icons and Custom Library Objects.
      Toolbar Switching Tricks and Library workflows

Other Offer Services Posts:

• By Renerabbitt
      I offer some of the fastest turnaround in the industry on LARGE complex projects. Need a model built? A rendering complete? Elevations? A fully hosted 3d model to walk through?
      Let me be your first stop to solving your urgent needs.

Created in Chief Architect X-13 in less than a day

• By Renerabbitt
      Renderings, and rendering training. Click on the links in signature for more info.

This rendering was rendered using Chief Architect Premier X-13 with no post-production.
      More renderings in my user gallery or click on the links in the signature. How can I help you?