Angled Shelf Wine Cabinet

CarpentersMill

I've been able to draw everything a designer has thrown my way except for this angled shelving wine storage cabinet (see picture). Working with CA Interiors X11 is it even possible to draw something like this? I just don't know how to do the angle on the shelving or if that is even possible in the program? Any help would be much appreciated. 

Wine Shelving.pdf

Sorry Newbie here. I've only had the software for about a month and a half. Mainly used for cabinetry design. I haven't used polyline solids yet. I was curious if there was a way to do it in the cabinet part of the software easier than drawing a polyline solid. 

6 minutes ago, CarpentersMill said:

Sorry Newbie here. I've only had the software for about a month and a half. Mainly used for cabinetry design. I haven't used polyline solids yet. I was curious if there was a way to do it in the cabinet part of the software easier than drawing a polyline solid. 

Make the cabinet as usual , then make one PLS in Elevation View and copy it and set different heights for each Shelf....

One of the cabinet Gurus may have a better Idea.......   Mark where are you :)     @MarkMc

image.thumb.png.24db2ba8cee8de590771a04b45607656.png

Do your SIG. Please...............

Make one, convert to a symbol-fixture interior,look at the height setting of the symbol bounding box- make note.

Cabinet, front is opening, specify shelves, manual. Number of shelves so that the spacing shows equal to or less than the height of your symbol (at least to begin with). While in shelv dialog -library, select your shelf symbol, apply to all shelves, change shelf depth if need be.

You would want to make a nicer symbol than I did here so ends match cabinet angle. May need to have a play with it when changing sizes or may need to make another symbol (save the plan and you can do that quickly. Copy the original symbol and paste in library, open symbol, flip it, rename it. Then you have both.

Simple fast plan attached.2063386424_Angleshelves.thumb.png.142fb7be9effc64b54abeb9ebfbfb8ac.png

Angled shelves.plan

12 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Make one, convert to a symbol-fixture interior,look at the height setting of the symbol bounding box- make note.

Cabinet, front is opening, specify shelves, manual. Number of shelves so that the spacing shows equal to or less than the height of your symbol (at least to begin with). While in shelv dialog -library, select your shelf symbol, apply to all shelves, change shelf depth if need be.

You would want to make a nicer symbol than I did here so ends match cabinet angle. May need to have a play with it when changing sizes or may need to make another symbol (save the plan and you can do that quickly. Copy the original symbol and paste in library, open symbol, flip it, rename it. Then you have both.

Simple fast plan attached.2063386424_Angleshelves.thumb.png.142fb7be9effc64b54abeb9ebfbfb8ac.png

Angled shelves.plan

Nice !...... Thanks Mark , I figured you'd know a way to persaude the Cabinet DBX to do as you wanted it too :) ....thx for the plan too...

• 2 years later...