Window Defaults and Object Painter

HumbleChief

I have a question about the Object Painter and Window Defaults. I thought when the Windows Defaults were changed all the Windows set to use default would change too? And I thought the object painter could be used to 'paint' one style of window to another? Tried both methods this morning with no change to the Windows. Not a big deal as I can manually change the few windows I have but am wondering how those tools work? 

Thanks

Hi Larry , ran into this myself a while back , unfortunately not everything in a Window has dynamic Defaults eg the Lites in the window you show, so I have Requested that the Reset To Default DBX also Include Windows and Doors, as if like me you need to change a Whole House it can be a bit of work.....

The Object Painter only got me 1/2 way there it seemed and the other Stuff I had to either group select or use other methods for. Admittedly it is not a Tool I have had the need for , so some of my issues may have been Pilot Error.... was just having a play in X11 and it seems a bit better or maybe I am just learning how to use it better but it was surely frustrating a few weeks ago when I needed to change all 28 windows...

Room mode changes all identical items in a Room , similarly in Floor Mode or Plan Mode.... though with Windows, Floor Mode seemed to work best.

I did find some times especially in X10 that the "selection" of what to change would keep switching to none ( all boxes unchecked) so nothing happened when you clicked on things , clicking Object Mode seems to clear every Field for some reason....

M.

Here's what I just discovered - this time - as long as I changed the properties of a window and did NOT save as the default, the object painter worked as expected. As soon as I saved that window as the default the object painter would not paint properties any longer. Not sure that helps anyone but will thrash as usual to get things done.

Thanks Mick!!

5 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

as long as I changed the properties of a window and did NOT save as the default, the object painter worked as expected.

That could of been my Issue previously too as I tried that 1st forgetting that it wouldn't help with Windows already placed...to change everything....

M.