Backgounds --- can't be enabled....

Kbird1

I am not sure if this is new to X11? , but while doing the initial "build" I usually have Backdrops Off in my Defaults , but now that I want to render a few views for the Client and make a 3D Viewer File I don't seem to be able to re-enable Backdrops for the Existing Views I already have setup. If I shoot the same View with a new Camera , with Backdrops on in Techniques and assigned in the camera view, they work as expected..... may have always been this way and I have just not run into it before? 

It's just going to be more work to redo all the cameras, so I can show the Forest behind the house is all.....I am having to use a Backdrop instead, as the Forest I "Planted" from the Library , I think is what is causing the 3D Viewer App to crash with an out of memory error, when switching to STD View.

-- On a side note --  are there any techniques to re-scale the backdrop Images ? the always seem out of proportion , and are usually too large to look realistic , at least to me...

Thanks.

M.

Mick,  I have not loaded the full version yet but it seems to work fine in the public beta version to go to "Edit Active Camera" > Backdrop just as in X10.

Yes a whole bunch of 3D plants or trees would cause a problem for the 3D viewer.

Backdrops need to be plan specific for the best results.  I often take an actual site photo and if the scale is a little off create my own p-solid backdrop and apply the image as a stretch to fit material so it can be just right.  Adjust the size or tweak the angles as necessary.

4 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Mick,  I have not loaded the full version yet but it seems to work fine in the public beta version to go to "Edit Active Camera" > Backdrop just as in X10.

Yes a whole bunch of 3D plants or trees would cause a problem for the 3D viewer.

Backdrops need to be plan specific for the best results.  I often take an actual site photo and if the scale is a little off create my own p-solid backdrop and apply the image as a stretch to fit material so it can be just right.  Adjust the size or tweak the angles as necessary.

I'll keep fiddling , I must be missing something as I am sure this didn't happen in X10.....

I tried a "BillBoard" but it too looked wrong , but may have been okay for a few interior shots with it just showing through the Windows , I'll have to have a play with the stretch to Fit on a PSolid , but in this case the House is on a 4 Acre Lot , mostly wooded.

M.

26 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I'll keep fiddling , I must be missing something

Well it seems that along with changing the Render Technique Defaults, I also had to Open every View and then Open Techniques off the Toolbar Too  and reset the Backdrop to ON for STD and Vector Views for each Camera.  ( ie the Defaults are not updated to existing Cameras. )

M.