Can The Default Templates Folder Be Re-Directed?

HumbleChief

10 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mick. Seems like I've done this before and am surprised how little I know about computers. I created a new Folder in DropBox to point the My Data Folder in Preferences to: but have to have C:\Users\Larry\ in the path instead of a simple path like C:\DropBox\ New Data Folder Location. As soon as C:\Users\Larry\ is altered the path becomes invalid. Really don't want the new folder in C:\Users\Larry\ but seem to have no choice. Hmmm...

Better get some work done and tackle this later.

Did you try copying the Data Folder to the Dropbox Folder manually 1st while Chief is Closed....

Is Dropbox at C:\Dropbox though?  I thought it installed by default to the User's Folder as you mention. Mine is on E:\Dropbox as I didn't want it on my SSD and Chief lets me redirect there with no issues...just tested.... though that is not MY SOP as mentioned yesterday.... Dropbox is backup for me not my Primary Folder....

maybe I am confused ...are you  putting the DATA folder on DB or your Whole My Docs Folder? 

gotta go too....

M.

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Did you try copying the Data Folder to the Dropbox Folder manually 1st while Chief is Closed....

Is Dropbox at C:\Dropbox though?  I thought it installed by default to the User's Folder as you mention. Mine is on E:\Dropbox as I didn't want it on my SSD and Chief lets me redirect there with no issues...just tested.... though that is not MY SOP as mentioned yesterday.... Dropbox is backup for me not my Primary Folder....

gotta go too....

M.

Copying should be no problem and discovered that indeed DropBox is in the C:Users\Larry Folder so that location should work... Thanks for that.

template folder 3.png

12 hours ago, solver said:

If you add a path to the filename then Chief will default to looking in that directory for all plan templates.

ct1.thumb.png.69cd0d506939889dc2730ce9b17562df.png

Larry was trying/hoping to change the File>Templates>Save As Template or New from Template default location , which it seems can't be done. Generally though that would be the same directory as the New Plan File Location I'd think though.