BillsburgChief

BEARING WALLS

In my jurisdiction and I think in most other we're req'd to show which walls are load bearing.  I know I can show patterns on bearing walls, but it seems tedious to pick each wall that is designated as bearing in the dbx and than individually apply a pattern.  Is there a better way to show all the walls that are designated as bearing and them w/ some sort of shading to differentiate from non load bearing walls?  How does everyone else do it?

Select a "normal" wall, go to Wall Types, copy the wall and rename to a load-bearing name, change the wall fill/color to whatever you want. Change all walls that are load-bearing to the new wall type. Add it to your library and you have it from now own.

• Upvote 1

Sweeeet!  I had to adjust the transparency but works great! Seems so simple, one of the million tricks.  Thanks Mike.

You are welcome. If you select the wall tool and then click on a wall in the library, it will draw that wall - great timesaver.

I like to put different wall types on their own layer. Walls added to the library can have a unique layer assigned.

• Like 1

You could also create a note schedule showing wall types. Not a fan but doable.

Also show Walls, labels with each type noted as a label.