Rework of existing landscape and features

MichFigs

Hello everyone and yes I am a newbie!:)Please be kind...

Would like to import a pdf of my existing plot plan, which shows lot lines, the house with deck, sidewalks,  etc. into a new plan.  Having done this, but not sure how to adjust grid size to match the existing dimensions so that we can update and upgrade all those outside areas (not changing the house itself)? Will I have to trace all these features from the pdf and then delete the imported pdf?

You will likely need to scale the PDF.   Measure a known distance on the PDF such as a plot line and scale the PDF using Transform and Replicate tool.

Also sometimes an imported PDF will cause the program to lag a bit so you may want to convert the PDF to .PNG first before importing.

4 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

convert the PDF to .PNG first before importing.

Or convert it to .dxf with InkScape (free) , tried it last week ..worked great.... Line Work is already done....

Other Programs to try too in this Thread....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/20428-pdf-to-cad-converter/?do=findComment&comment=177312

Thanks guys , after trying this conversion to a .png file with my Mac & the Home Designer suite.  It is apparent to me that I will need a bit of a learning curve and will need to look at all the training videos. Aaargh nothing is easy!