Changing First Floor Level To Joist Hangers

Nicinus

I am in the midst of working on a design and have come to realise that I would prefer a lower first floor in relation to ground, and need to change to joist hangers instead of being on sill plate. How would I accomplish this the easiest?

My first thought was to change the defaults for room structure, but besides being uncertain how to define joist hangers on a level, all options are greyed out?

As a side note, how can I select all rooms on a level without clicking them one by one?

Thanks Lew,

I didn't quite get that. Do you mean in the 'Build Framing...' dbx? I tried removing trim joists but nothing changed in section.

Could you possibly elaborate a bit on the steps involved. I haven't actually used the framing tools yet except for quickly trying some of them out.

You meant 'Framing' in default settings, right? I think I'm slowly getting there. In default settings under 'Foundation' I can check 'Hang 1st floor plattfor inside foundation walls' which seems to do the trick. I now just have to figure out how the treated sill plate and rim joists affect this, I guess. Thanks again.