Scroll down for tons of great content, then come back and let me know what you want more of.  

62 members have voted

  1. 1. Give me MORE!!

    • Construction Assemblies- Wall assemblies and windows and CAD details.
      29
    • Entourage-Countertop goodies, wall art, rugs, and accessories galore.
      20
    • Kitchen Related-Islands and door styles, hardware and fixtures.
      18
    • Lighting-Pendants and Sconces etc.
      25
    • Materials-Optimized for PBR.
      33
    • Symbols-Chairs and tables and mantles.
      18
    • Videos-Instructional, educational, misguided.
      19
    • You're making my head hurt. please stop writing in ALL-CAPS and abusing exclamation marks!!
      2


Recommended Posts

POST 3

 

LIBRARY PENDANTS AND SCONCES ALL REWORKED FOR BETTER OVERALL LOOK

 

1656281493_INTERIORLIGHTS.thumb.png.0613bace06323abd8ba382c8edb3bade.png

DOWNLOAD: RABS PENDANTS.calibz

DOWNLOAD: RABS RECESSED LIGHTS.calibz

DOWNLOAD: RABS SCONCES.calibz

DOWNLOAD: RABS TRACK LIGHT ASSEMBLY.calibz

 

MOST SYMBOLS HERE ARE RE-WORKED VERSIONS FROM CA WITH DIFFERENT MATERIALS AND LIGHT DATA MADE MY YOURS TRULY

ONE OF THESE IS A REDO OF THE PENDANT AND CANS FROM @TheKitchenAbode GRAHAMS SCENE FROM A YEAR OR SO AGO:

1363439934_GRAHAMSKITCHEN.thumb.png.8f22a295eb3b48fb112a543e9d04d0ac.png

 

 

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 7

 

ACCESSORY HOME#2:

105921701_GUTTEDACCESSORYBUILDINGS.thumb.jpg.d0e1d71b0022dc83a0a5dbee094e8c79.jpg

PICTURE SHOWS ABOVE ACCESSORY HOME #1 ON THE RIGHT SIDE, #2 ON THE LEFT- GREAT FOR RENDERING INTERIOR SHOTS ETC

EXAMPLE FROM ONE OF @TheKitchenAbode PRETTY KITCHENS USING ACCESSORY HOME #1 OUTSIDE:

327770934_ACCESSORYHOUSE.thumb.jpg.e4140763371a5f26ac6d800a0404e506.jpg

 

THESE CAN BE STRETCHED FOR HEIGHT ONLY WHICH WILL STRETCH THE FOUNDATION PORTION OF THE HOME ONLY

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS ACCESSORY HOME 2.calibz

 

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!!!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

POST 7

 

ACCESSORY HOME#2:

105921701_GUTTEDACCESSORYBUILDINGS.thumb.jpg.d0e1d71b0022dc83a0a5dbee094e8c79.jpg

PICTURE SHOWS ABOVE ACCESSORY HOME #1 ON THE RIGHT SIDE, #2 ON THE LEFT- GREAT FOR RENDERING INTERIOR SHOTS ETC

EXAMPLE FROM ONE @TheKitchenAbode PRETTY KITCHENS USING ACCESSORY HOME #1 OUTSIDE:

327770934_ACCESSORYHOUSE.thumb.jpg.e4140763371a5f26ac6d800a0404e506.jpg

 

THESE CAN BE STRETCHED FOR HEIGHT ONLY WHICH WILL STRETCH THE FOUNDATION PORTION OF THE HOME ONLY

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS ACCESSORY HOME 2.calibz

 

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POST!!

 

 I really like that. Great Job.

 

I'm amazed at fast you are creating and posting those. One might think you were waiting for the countdown clock to hit 00:00:00.:)

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 12

 

4 Whites with accompanying toolbar Icons-

 

The Gyp Bd Texture as well as the whites have an ambient occlusion map included to help maintain shadows in corners when exposure is turned up.

The Gyp Bd Texture:

DRYWALL.thumb.PNG.d2841118e2059461539da127bc134491.PNG

 

First download the .Calibz here: 

RABS PAINT TOOLBAR.calibz

 

For a fancy 3d Toolbar setup like this:

1499476246_ColorToolbars.thumb.PNG.e7a54b3efcdeff6855ad278454d9886b.PNG

Download these PNG.'s:

cust_8.png.b8a0e2628f5494735337dd29a50f3409.pngcust_104.png.9d2d6f6fa6d3e6e480bfdeb05c2f0b57.pngcust_7.png.46e7412776d64c17c4e66b8a7fb70f86.pngcust_84.png.b092b212c57871b13875132aecf7524f.pngcust_39.png.afa09c17a6c2b97e42c2663259bce727.png

 

Step 1 - Goto Tools/Toolbars and Hotkeys/Customize Toolbars 

Step 2 - Change the drop down menu "View Type" to "3D View"

Step 3 - Place 5 custom library symbols(search "Place Lib" in the search box) by dragging the Place Library Object to a tool bar location

1321341565_placelibraryobject.thumb.PNG.e818710b2466403eaed479e11610cf01.PNG

Step 4- Click on the Library symbol and it will bring up a dialog similar to this:

2058797409_placelibrarybrowse.thumb.PNG.8cb0664b2cb60953be6a859204ae4ca6.PNG

Click on Library and Search for your color, and then click on Browse at the bottom to search for your corresponding PNG

 

Please Quote this post for questions

 

 

CLICK ME TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 13

 

My made-from-scratch-in-CA La Cornue 1908 Range

A while ago I reduced the poly count, though still heavy is still a beautiful piece.

If you would like the all stainless version just material grab the top and paint the white with it-stunning

If you want the black version, just material grab the burner tops and paint the white with it.

659126498_RABSLACORNUE.thumb.jpg.0d2b64e26575bc8b5592e09526a7b275.jpg1986540501_RABSLACORNUE2.thumb.jpg.057f55eab80730ed013bbd56436ff312.jpg1088397652_RABSLACORNUE3.thumb.jpg.a47c96e52f5b4b6e78ce5c37e2c7a2ce.jpg

 

Enjoy: 

5mb

18000+ faces

Download: RABS LACORNUE.calibz

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 15

 

OK, should be some good items here- straight from my own living room to yours, the CB2 Remy couch modeled by yours truly in CA(dimensions on the website don't seem correct so this is my interpretation)

The West Elm Terrace Coffee table

Some entourage/ picture frame, table top items, books

847808807_myhome.thumb.png.0a1bd13fc31ddaabc70a83326dba6e0c.png

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM.calibz

 

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO INDEX!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 16

 

A cable railing with a bit more detail-made for California where the cables can't deflect so far as to allow a 4" ball to poke through.

Just to note, no bottom rail, bottom rail spaced 2-7/8" from decking- posts set to 4.53" railing height at 42" This will make it so that the studs on the posts align with the cables.

939686244_RABS42CABLERAILING.thumb.PNG.f3e990ee56f91cb898c44b1736c04f84.PNG

 

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS 42 CABLE RAIL WALL TYPE.calibz

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

 I really like that. Great Job.

 

I'm amazed at fast you are creating and posting those. One might think you were waiting for the countdown clock to hit 00:00:00.:)

Thank you, I use that scene for testing tile- love it

and yes been waiting patiently. We were hoping the beta thread could be moved but the public beta has its own program versioning so I figured I should redo it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 18

 

A couple of fireplace goodies. One is a mantle assembly that I had previously uploaded in X10, this one stretches around your firebox and maintains its scaling quite well:

 

1755057297_TRACKLIGHT.thumb.jpg.d7938c0533dc65c8cad50c17c1b37648.jpg

The other, a simple distressed and polished wood mantle that I'm sure may be used for things other than just mantles. I setup the stretch planes around the notches in case you'd like to make a thick shelf:

1235506170_WOODMANTLE2.thumb.jpg.048c1dc5d629c407fa43de543c4db723.jpg

 

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS FIREPLACE MANTLES.calibz

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 19

 

A set of stretchable picture frames. Grab an image and load it up as a material- remember to turn roughness all the way down in your material's properties tab for a realistic glass effect. Paint it over the image in the picture frame.

1709740900_RABSPICTUREFRAMESV2.thumb.jpg.d85159f8d0240e37d5d02ddc500bebcf.jpg

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS PICTURE FRAMES V2.calibz

 

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

POST 20

 

A starter pack to create templates for kitchen PBR

** each of these textures can utilize the "blend with material tool" to create a ton of additional materials**

 

This includes the following library items:

  • My recessed LED 6" cans specifically made to create more realistic light
  • A re-worked version of my oak plank floor. (blend with dark brown for a great looking Dark Oak floor)
  • A wall gyp bd and ceiling gyp bd specifically made to maintain shadows at the wall-to-ceiling transition...this will be subtle yet have a large impact on the scene. Remember to blend with your wall color.(this texture is size restricted to 10' max height)
  • A white and a brown countertop material with special reflection maps
  • White subway tile with grey grout- also blends with with most colors
  • A glass material specifically made for round glass like bar-ware
  • Appliance Nickel/Stainless Material
  • A cabinet wood material that blends extremely well with other colors

 

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIAL PACKAGE.calibz

 

 

 

 

These materials were created from this video, a catchall video showing my process for creating some of these materials

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

POST 20

 

A starter pack to create templates for kitchen PBR

** each of these textures can utilize the "blend with material tool" to create a ton of additional materials**

 

This includes the following library items:

  • My recessed LED 6" cans specifically made to create more realistic light
  • A re-worked version of my oak plank floor. (blend with dark brown for a great looking Dark Oak floor)
  • A wall gyp bd and ceiling gyp bd specifically made to maintain shadows at the wall-to-ceiling transition...this will be subtle yet have a large impact on the scene. Remember to blend with your wall color.(this texture is size restricted to 10' max height)
  • A white and a brown countertop material with special reflection maps
  • White subway tile with grey grout- also blends with with most colors
  • A glass material specifically made for round glass like bar-ware
  • Appliance Nickel/Stainless Material
  • A cabinet wood material that blends extremely well with other colors

 

 

DOWNLOAD: RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIAL PACKAGE.calibz

These materials were created from this video, a catchall video showing my process for creating some of these materials

 

 

CLICK TO GO BACK TO THE INDEX!

 

Thanks Rene....only 1/2 way through the Video so far....

 

PS post 12 looks like it lost an image of your Toolbar...

 

Mick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rene - Your efforts in this endeavor are greatly appreciated. Excellent textures, additional models and very informative instructional support vids.

 

Just a thought as I was watching your latest vid(s). As they cover an extensive array of techniques within each just wondering if the vids should be shorter single subject focused. Say something like PBR & Glass, PBR & Spot Lights, PBR & Point Lights, PBR & Reflections, etc. If a user is struggling with a particular item then they could just jump directly to the applicable instructional vid. Also, as additional techniques evolve it would be much easier to update a shorter specific vid to reflect this.

 

Many Thanks,

Graham

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

Rene - Your efforts in this endeavor are greatly appreciated. Excellent textures, additional models and very informative instructional support vids.

 

Just a thought as I was watching your latest vid(s). As they cover an extensive array of techniques within each just wondering if the vids should be shorter single subject focused. Say something like PBR & Glass, PBR & Spot Lights, PBR & Point Lights, PBR & Reflections, etc. If a user is struggling with a particular item then they could just jump directly to the applicable instructional vid. Also, as additional techniques evolve it would be much easier to update a shorter specific vid to reflect this.

 

Many Thanks,

Graham

 

 

That was about the most ADD-riddled Video I've ever made, HAHA!

...thanks Graham I appreciate it.

After reviewing the vid I'm considering deleting it;  I used SO many incorrect terms!!

It will stay for now until I can put some short ones together as you suggested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28022
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    ChiefHarrell
    Newest Member
    ChiefHarrell
    Joined
  • Similar Content

    • By Verica
      Hi
      I wonder if it is possible to somehow create a symbol out of these or similar free dwg Autocad blocks?
      I mean not to import but to trace and create a 3d polyline?
       

    • By pinehawker
      I am drawing a commercial interior and the building has full size coolers.  Once I place them along an exterior wall I need to enclose them in a wall that goes from top of cooler to ceiling.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also anywhere that I can find regular metal wall shelving.  i am using x11 premier    thank you
    • By Randall30
      I want to put vertical weathered lap siding on a house exterior but I do not see this in the materials listing, there is only horizontal weathered lap siding as shown in attached image. Is there a way to make it vertical??? Ultimately I am trying to go for a look like with the Juvet Landscape Hotel siding (photo attached). Can anybody help me? (I am using Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 2016 and if I can get this to work I will likely upgrade to the Architect version.). If needed I am even willing to purchase a separate materials library if it would accomplish this. Or do I need to create my own material?



    • By KTKArch
      (x11) When I open an object to fill (closed polyline etc) I have a standard list and the library option that takes me to Chief's library. It currently only shows that I have patterns of my own making in User Library. It also appears that I can no longer open 3rd party .pat files as I could in earlier versions. And finally, I cannot find a basic EARTH pattern in the defaults. So either I somehow purged some of the patterns or there isn't a default EARTH pattern. And how can I import my earlier .pat files? Not sure if this happened after installing x12 or if it is just this one file. Not using x11 but to finish out this project.
    • By WannabeDesign
      Working in Windows 10 on a surface pro laptop. All updates for Chief Architect Home Designer Architectural 2020 have been installed. 
      The library keeps freezing me out of my plan when I type a 2nd search in the search bar of the library browser. I can see the cursor out of the plan window but can't do anything but save and close the program to start again. This is very annoying having to start and close the program continuously. Are there any fixes for this?