Sign in to follow this  
mtldesigns

Turning OFF cabinet filler

I need someone to refresh this old memory of mine..  looked around and couldn't find my answer, but I know I've done a while ago.  Client has a tight space for a custom vanity (like the one attached).  I can get this modeled, but when I place it, Chief wants to add the fillers on both sides.  Where do I turn this auto filler off for just this one cabinet?  I found it in the defaults, but then it turns the fillers off on all cabinets throughout the cottage.

Thanks...

vanity.JPG

Hi Mark..

I thought that too.. but when its check, the vanity becomes just a front, meaning no longer a box shape.  A front  and top.

Attached is a checked and unchecked view

checked.JPG

unchecked.JPG

You could make a symbol for the vanity -- make it a fixture.

I did exactly that.. worked great..  I added legs to the bottom and thought, I need to make it a symbol, once I did, the fill disappeared.    

Thank..

6 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Hi Mark..

I thought that too.. but when its check, the vanity becomes just a front, meaning no longer a box shape.  A front  and top.

Attached is a checked and unchecked view

checked.JPG

unchecked.JPG

Checking that box turns the cabinet into a filler which is why the box goes away.

It does NOT control automatic fillers-that is controled by the defaults as I said.

Defaults.png