Missing Thread - Is It Possible That I Accidentally Deleted It

CJSpud

Several days ago Joe Carrick posted a thread about paint colors and the colors available in Chief's library not being accurate or something to that effect.  In one of the posts in that thread, he asked me a question in regard to a post I had made in the thread and I had never got back to respond to his question.  Last night I found the thread and had typed out a response and then, somehow my response got devoured and, since it was late, I just figured I would respond to his question this morning.

Today I have conducted several searches in Q&A and even did a search on Joe's posts and cannot find the thread.  I doubt that Joe deleted it.  I am wondering if I somehow deleted the thread last night and didn't even know it.  I didn't get any dialogs asking me about deleting the thread.  I would think that only the original poster would have that option in the 1st place.

Where did Joe's thread go ... or is it still there and I missed it somehow?

Curt,

I did in fact delete it because it had become confused.  Many responses were about differences between what a color looks like on the monitor vs a paint chip.

The question I had was about the BEHR Library not containing all the BEHR colors.  The entire "N" series of colors is missing for example.

In addition, I was feeling like some posts were a bit too "persnickity" and consequently the thread had deteriorated beyond being of value.

I will usually delete a thread that I was the OP if it gets completely off target or becomes a "P*******g" contest.  IOW, I reserve the right to use the "moderation" options.

Joe:

Thanks for the clarification.  At least now I know I am not going crazy.

About all I was going to say in my response was that I don't worry about any new materials (colors) I make from online website colors being approximately the same as any colors that are within a Chief library.  I just go with the online color, give it the manufacturer's name and/or RGB #'s in my user library.

I did ask about Chief's other 3 settings Chief shows/uses:  Hue, Saturation, Value    I haven't seen any manufacturers using those.  Do you know what they mean?  I looked in Help and couldn't find much information about them.  Curious.