Roof Profiles

NeilofOZ

18 minutes ago, NeilofOZ said:

Mick,

Regarding the deck planking, already tried the things you suggested over the weekend including isolating the deck areas, change all planking to a

common size, turning auto off & on, changing plank direction, changing material direction, changing the planking in defaults, etc etc etc and no deal, so 

something is still missing, it shouldn't be this difficult for a simple task, virtually spent a half day trying to get this right in accordance with several

videos and User Guide.

See my latest Floor Plan

Neil.

Tracey's House Plan-Decking.plan

I'll take a look Neil as it literally took as long as drawing 4 lines to fix it in the Plan of yours I had, so I am not sure what is up then....

M.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

Was playing with My posted plan above today and just about any change to the roof , including doing a Plan Undo, will cause the Purlins to rotate out of position, once it happens Undo and Redo won't fix it, and I  haven't figured how to stop that, but the "Fix" is relatively easy , in Plan View (2D) ,select one and using the Match Properties Tool > Rafter lookout ( name or Object Type ) you can easily select the whole lot and then simply open the DBX and click OK........closing it is enough to reset them to the Roof Slope.

the Worst Part of this is that Saving the Plan and Reopening it , is enough to cause the Purlins to Rotate "flat" in all Views

**Plan above updated to full Building

M.

Not sure about the plan you’re referencing because I haven’t seen it, but what you’ve described is an issue that’s been around for a little while and is usually triggered by having auto framing for the roofs toggled off and Auto Rebuild roofs toggled on.  It stops happening if you

toggle one or the other.  Super annoying though for sure.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not sure about the plan you’re referencing because I haven’t seen it, but what you’ve described is an issue that’s been around for a little while and is usually triggered by having auto framing for the roofs toggled off and Auto Rebuild roofs toggled on.  It stops happening if you

toggle one or the other.  Super annoying though for sure.

Hmmmm...thanks but isn't that the Default setup after doing Purlins ? , So I guess I need to Turn Auto Rebuild Roofs Off then as turning Auto roof framing on again will cause the Purlins to disappear entirely.

That's a bummer for sure , so Purlins definitely need to be done last thing then as far as the Roof structure goes.

The plan is 4 or 5 posts up if interested...

Mick

27 minutes ago, NeilofOZ said:

Mick,

Regarding the deck planking, already tried the things you suggested over the weekend including isolating the deck areas, change all planking to a

common size, turning auto off & on, changing plank direction, changing material direction, changing the planking in defaults, etc etc etc and no deal, so 

something is still missing, it shouldn't be this difficult for a simple task, virtually spent a half day trying to get this right in accordance with several

videos and User Guide.

See my latest Floor Plan

Neil.

I haven’t opened your plan, but based on your wording it sounds like it’s possible you’re being a little reckless with your settings trying to find the right combination.  See if this clarified things for you at all...

1.  You have to have auto regenerate deck framing toggled ON or else your framing will not adjust once you make any changes.

2.  You have to divide the different areas up into different “rooms” using some sort of wall (DO NOT check No Room Definition on these walls) if you want to have automatically generated planking running in different directions over different areas.  

3.  If you’ve been toggling settings willy nilly to try and get your desired results then you should probably check ALL your deck rooms one at a time to make sure the rotation is set appropriately, that auto regenerate is toggled on and that auto planking rotation is toggled off (just to be safe).   I am away from my computer, but if I recall correctly, this could very well result in two adjacent decks having the exact same angle setting due to the shape of those rooms. 

4.  Make sure both your framing layers are in the Floor Structure layers and that nothing is in the Room Finish layers.  

1 hour ago, NeilofOZ said:

Mick,

videos and User Guide.

See my latest Floor Plan

Neil.

Neil,

every deck has the Option to KEEP DECK FRAMING if Room is deleted and Auto regenerate Decking is off.... not sure if that's just where things ended up but nothing would change visually as you hadn't triggered the regeneration of the deck framing at each change you made is what I think it was....

The left hand deck planks were still 75mm and the right hand end is was still set to 138mm......your default is set to 125mm though..... the Gaps are different too which also makes things look different. So I deleted the the Room dividers , reset the Deck Room Defaults , and then changed the 4 areas to the Defaults including Automatic direction for planks, and regenerated the Deck framing (includes planks which are now Teak btw ) in each of the 4 main Areas...then put the Room Dividers Back and I think it is all okay now.

You could split the deck rooms differently so the planks are continuous on the long sides of the house too , the outer wider portions of deck would be their own "Rooms" then. The mis-alignment comes from CA starting the planks at the outer edge of each deck room (including overhang) and spacing back to the house ( same as in the real world.)

Hopefully this is what you wanted..... MHD_Tracey's House Plan-Decking.plan

image.thumb.png.0ca9dca726ef210d1a12cdaf4d1cc567.png

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

So I guess I need to Turn Auto Rebuild Roofs Off then as turning Auto roof framing on again will cause the Purlins to disappear entirely. 

Looks like turning Auto Rebuild Roofs Off helps with the Rotation Issue of Purlins after saving a plan.... Thanks Michael....

M.

Mick,

Re Decking:-

Got mine working, but took sometime as I had previously change the material direction and this was creating a cross hatched

appearance in some areas which had me baffled, all good now and I'll know for next time. 

Regards Neil.

7 hours ago, NeilofOZ said:

this was creating a cross hatched

appearance in some areas which had me baffled,

I think this happens when you change Plank Direction but Keep Deck Framing is on , so you end up with two sets of deck boards (planks) , unchecking the Keep Option and Regenerating the Framing again should fix it.

M.

Mick,

Initially when setting up the deck, I thought I was being smart by just changing the angle of the material to the direction I needed, but obviously

this element works against the decking process, every day I get better & better, lol.

Will work on the purlins this weekend as I'm still running a business which keeps me active and busy at times.

Regards Neil.

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2019 at 12:26 PM, Kbird1 said:

Okay 6 minutes cos I've done it before :)    , so 20mins if you watch Micheal's Video above 1st.

image.thumb.png.1189e0053f48d409b6136ec17c8b6167.png

Here's the Plan with a Purlin or two to save to your Library and some on the other side of the Roof to play with....

**Roof Purlins now completed for building.

MHD_Purlins _Full_Setup Plan.plan

****Edit ..if you download this plan you will likely find the Purlins Rotated "flat" , you will need to select them all using Match Properties and Open the DBX , hit Ok and they will Reset. ( no known fix at this point) see 4 posts down.)

hEY kBIRD1

You are a genius - it worked first go - thank you very much

9 minutes ago, swami001 said:

hEY kBIRD1

You are a genius - it worked first go - thank you very much

Glad to hear it worked for you   ???   (Time to do your Forum signature methinks )

But all Credit goes to Chopsaw .........and a thanks to Michael for the Video....

Mick.