Making a CAD block and saving to library

capitaldesigns

I drew a simple flat roof patio that I wanted to save to my user library. When I draw a marquee around the patio I do not get the make block command button.

In the past I've made decorative posts on a base and been able to make it into a block and save to the library.

On this project l used the roof planes to create the roof, the slab tool to draw the patio slab, the post and footing and beam under the framing menu for the framing.

Does anyone know how I can make a block out of this patio and save it to my library ?

Thanks,

Mike

I think the roof plane will be an issue Mike.   Likely need to make a symbol from that one if you need it in the library. Otherwise just keep it in a plan file if it needs to be edited later as symbols don't explode well.

1 hour ago, capitaldesigns said:

I drew a simple flat roof patio that I wanted to save to my user library. When I draw a marquee around the patio I do not get the make block command button.

In the past I've made decorative posts on a base and been able to make it into a block and save to the library.

On this project l used the roof planes to create the roof, the slab tool to draw the patio slab, the post and footing and beam under the framing menu for the framing.

Does anyone know how I can make a block out of this patio and save it to my library ?

Thanks,

Mike

There are "cad blocks" and "architectural blocks", Roofs and walls don't fall under either of them. Also when you want to group a cad item with an architectural item the block wont work either. Its one or the other.

Mr. Chop is right. For what your doing you would have to save as a plan file. Not sure of any other ways to do it.