auto story pole question

MarkSM

did you try adding Ceiling finish and Highest Ceiling  to the Marks to include ?

it maybe a reach issue too , ie it doesn't see that ceiling if say reach is only 25% , try 100% as a test perhaps then dial it down as needed.

M.

14 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not sure if you realize this or not, but you can manually drag out a new marker on that same dimension string. 

yeah, thats what ive been doing.  just thinking there's an easier way to do it.

32 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

did you try adding Ceiling finish and Highest Ceiling  to the Marks to include ?

it maybe a reach issue too , ie it doesn't see that ceiling if say reach is only 25% , try 100% as a test perhaps then dail it down as needed.

M.

I tried 100% and still get the same result.

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

is there a ceiling in that entry? I see a Window right at ceiling height....

post plan perhaps.....

I thought that too, but it happens on the other side too, which has a ceiling as well

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 2.12.23 PM.png

5 hours ago, MarkSM said:

yeah, thats what ive been doing.  just thinking there's an easier way to do it.

So what you're saying as that you would like Chief to automatically label every ceiling height in the plan when running an Auto Story Pole dimension?

If so, I'm kinda curious...how are you going to clarify the potential confusion on your own plans?  Would it not be just as efficient and probably eliminate errors if you were to just continue manually pulling off the additional markers?  I don't know, just throwing a thought out there.  I imagined having Auto Story Pole do what you're describing on a plan with a lot of ceiling heights and I'm not thinking I would personally like a bunch of "Rough Ceiling  - 1st Floor" dimensions to sort through.

15 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

So what you're saying as that you would like Chief to automatically label every ceiling height in the plan when running an Auto Story Pole dimension?

If so, I'm kinda curious...how are you going to clarify the potential confusion on your own plans?  Would it not be just as efficient and probably eliminate errors if you were to just continue manually pulling off the additional markers?  I don't know, just throwing a thought out there.  I imagined having Auto Story Pole do what you're describing on a plan with a lot of ceiling heights and I'm not thinking I would personally like a bunch of "Rough Ceiling  - 1st Floor" dimensions to sort through.

youre probably right. there may have to be some level of magic involved in what im asking. is there anything wrong with suspending reality and just getting what I want?

• Like 1