Text Misaligned on X10 Interiors

DecoratorsCorner

I just upgraded to X10 and all of my text boxes are misaligned so once I have finished writing my text and press OK to go back to floor plan view, I can only see half of the text. The text is also misaligned with the white background of the text box. The white background is where it should be. I have even tried to change the layer and alter it as a custom text size to see if it was a setting issue but it is the same problem for all layers. 

Help!

8 minutes ago, DecoratorsCorner said:

I've tried that too! It is happening on new and old projects. I opened a file created on X9 in X10 and all of the text boxes were off. 

This is a known issue with Plans brought Forward , Michael's "fix" is the usual and easiest way to fix them with little to no work.....select the text type  , then do a marquee (Shift key-select) around all the text on a page , open the DBX and simply close it again without adjusting anything...ie just hit Ok.

If X10 is using your Old template file from X9 then it will happen in new plans too possibly...

M.

I have also just noticed that my dimensions and window/door labels are misaligned as well on my new project on X10. I've opened a few older projects created on X9 into X10 and not all of them are doing it! My new plans are not made from template (as far as I know), so this shouldn't be the issue? image.thumb.png.016e72d82ca6ae861f16a30d2189826d.png 

2 hours ago, DecoratorsCorner said:

I have also just noticed that my dimensions and window/door labels are misaligned as well on my new project on X10. I've opened a few older projects created on X9 into X10 and not all of them are doing it! My new plans are not made from template (as far as I know), so this shouldn't be the issue? image.thumb.png.016e72d82ca6ae861f16a30d2189826d.png 

My guess would be the Dimensions etc are using the X10 Defaults if you haven't changed them or Imported Defaults from one of your old plans.

Under Preferences>General>New Plans you will find the files and location of the Template plan used for every new Plan....

If you migrated your x10 install it maybe using the settings from X9 and hence an X9 Plan file for your new Plans even in X10

Yours won't be the same as mine in the pic but the pic shows where to look.... yours is more likely here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X10 Data (interiors)\Templates\X10_Residential Template.plan

M.

image.thumb.png.42480c20a6a2934cb867fd9d8d13797c.png

7 hours ago, DecoratorsCorner said:

This looks like a totally different issue than the one most of us are familiar with. I would definitely send that into tech-support. I would love to take a look at it though if you could post a simple plan.