Logo on commercial storefront and awning

TennVol

Working on an exterior renovation for a small shop downtown.  I need to figure out how to put their logo and some text on both the glass and  the awning shown on the attached PDF. I have a JPG of the logos. I also need to put some text on the awning.  I used a roof plane to make it, since it needed to bevel around the corner and I didn't know how to do that with a polyline solid. They also want to put some marquee lights (the small clear bulb type) along the front of the awning.  Not sure how to do that but am going to try and put a narrow wall along the front limit of the awning and place the lights, then make the wall invisible. 

Any thoughts or ideas are very much appreciated.  Thanks

COMMERCIAL EXT RENOVATION.pdf

I posted a plan with 3-d hollow text I imported from AutoCad at this link after trying to create lettering for a store front, will work for the glass at least.  What I do not know if if the text could be rotated to fit "flat" to your awning.

On the logo, in the same post, I believe AlaskanSon had also mentioned using Google Sketchup to create the text.  I'm not at all familiar with sketchup, but if it can create text, maybe you could use it to create your logo then import to Chief from an imported jpeg..

You create a custom image (usually.png) using Windows Paint, Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop to add an image of their logo and add text using Photoshop etc, as a .png image that supports a transparent background, then import into Chief as a custom "material" that you then apply to the glass so it then appears like painted on Logo and Text or a decal. To do a 3D sign you use letters from the 3D Text Bonus Library or as suggested create something custom using Sketch UP to then import into Chief as a symbol. Without seeing exactly what you need and want it is hard to be specific.

DJP

I'm sure by now OPs problem is solved, and thread is "dead", but for future lookups...

I'll add a program to DJPs list, "IrfanView" for converting between image types.  It is not an editor per se, it will trim, clip, etc images but no markup tools.  It is a very lightweight program that starts as freeware or an inexpensive license for commercial license.  It is more effective than MS Paint, less demanding costly than the Adobe products and very speedy.  It will also convert PDF to other image formats (which I just discovered and successfully explored in posting this).  It has been my favorite for quick screen capture->clip->save for a variety of projects (generally GIS mapping systems and their clunky export/virtual print processes).