Object Placement On The Nearest Whole Fraction Instead Of Crazy Decimals

angelaleigh

I know that you can set a nudge snap distance (usually 1"), but is there a way to do an overall placement snap allowance?

For instance, my walls and windows often get placed in crazy decimal numbers. Say I place an interior wall and click on it and the distance from another wall is 9.32525262'. Then I have to type in 9', and move onto the next wall.

Can I just get my objects to be placed right on the inch or perfect fraction of an inch? That way when I do nudge or use fractions with automatic dimensions to the 1/4", I know I already have true dimensions without having to click every single wall to specify.

When you are moving things you can use a numerical input. Start to move something and then hit the Tab key. A box will pop up where you can specify the distance of your move. If you have moved orthogonally it will be clear which number to adjust. I mention this becuase if you have a snap setting of 1/4", you are going to have to zoom in quite far each time you want to move at those increments in order to get the desired result. I think the numerical input would be faster.

• Upvote 1