Wall Layers not showing up

ChiefGrego

Hello Everyone,

Quick question.... When I draw a standard brick wall, it appears only the main (yellow layer in this case) is showing.  I have set the display options to "All On".  Still not seeing the brick layers.  When I draw other wall types (ICF - Stone Front)... all layers show up.....I'm at a loss...additionally, when the wall is selected, an outline of the walls true thickness shows up

Just so you know for future reference.

It sounds like this to me:

This is a real quirk, and I could never understand why it was designed that way.

The "All On" layerset turns on the "Walls, Main Layer Only" layer, which actually turns off the display of all wall layers bar the main layer.

It's a bit like multiplying a positive number by a negative number - the result is always negative.

Go figure!

I have always thought that there had to be a better way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, glennw said:

Just so you know for future reference.

It sounds like this to me:

This is a real quirk, and I could never understand why it was designed that way.

The "All On" layerset turns on the "Walls, Main Layer Only" layer, which actually turns off the display of all wall layers bar the main layer.

It's a bit like multiplying a positive number by a negative number - the result is always negative.

Go figure!

I have always thought that there had to be a better way.

Yeah,  probably a better way but now I am accustom to multiplying the positive number by a negative number.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...