CA slows down after downloading 3d bathroom models

Cherel

Wondering if anyone could suggest  a  solution to why Chief is slowing down so much I can't even dimension as the pointer has a mind of it's own.

Could it be my graphics card  or  is it the I uploaded the new 3d symbols.

Has anyone else had this problem?

thanks,

Cherel

Likely a combination of the high poly 3D symbols and possibly not having the latest greatest video card but that would be just a guess without knowing a bit more about the symbols and their surface counts and what else you have in you plan file as well as your computer specifications.  Sometimes just a reboot will clear up an issue like that but is very easy to put too much detail into a plan file if you don't have the latest gaming type system.

Most of what you will find in the CA libraries is optimized to use in CA.  However other sources such as the 3D Warehouse can have some very high poly symbols that are really not necessary in most situations.  The other possibility is you may have just one corrupted symbol that is causing the problem.

CA doesn't like Objects with loads of Curves , this = high Polygon counts = high Surfaces = Slow  :)

So things like Toilets, round sinks , round towel-bars/warmers etc etc that are not optimized for CA can cause big Slowdowns

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and Computer specs See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature below then you have them turned off for the Forum, so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window ^^^^ and Clicking on your Username and making sure Signature is enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.