Chief freezing when vpn from home

glipovsek

Chief architect works great on my work computer and my home laptop. However, when I VPN from my home laptop to my work computer, Chief freezes on the start up screen. We work all of our chief files from a server at the office. I can access and work on anything else from the server, but chief always freezes up immediately. What can fix this? Faster internet upload/download speeds? Something else? THANKS in advance!

I would contact Tech Support with this kind of Issue.....

Are you the only one accessing your particular plan? , that is the only thing I can think of , other that the VPN used? some are slow due to encryption I have read.

VPN is just a tunnel [encrypted], it is no different from a normal network.

>However, when I VPN from my home laptop to my work computer, Chief freezes on the start up screen. 

>We work all of our chief files from a server at the office. 

-

And this means what exactly? Are you trying to use Remote Desktop to run Chief Architect?

If so .... did you do these ...

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2009/04/17/terminal-services-and-graphically-intensive-applications/

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    emmabrownnn
    Newest Member
    emmabrownnn

• By WannabeDesign
      Working in Windows 10 on a surface pro laptop. All updates for Chief Architect Home Designer Architectural 2020 have been installed. 
      The library keeps freezing me out of my plan when I type a 2nd search in the search bar of the library browser. I can see the cursor out of the plan window but can't do anything but save and close the program to start again. This is very annoying having to start and close the program continuously. Are there any fixes for this?
    • By LeeDrafter
      Hello,
      My "My Documents" folder on my work computer is actually on our server, and I know CA is not meant to be used over a network. I would like everything Chief Architect uses "My Documents" for to go in a different folder. How do I re-direct everything that references "My Documents"? I have started a folder on my hard drive called "CA My Documents" and was hoping to use that as the replacement folder. I have already moved all the CA files and libraries that I can find, but chief seems to look for that My documents folder sometimes.
      Thank you,
      Lee
      X10
    • By Adesigns
      Hello, is anyone else having issues with their cameras freezing? I've opened my camera up and went to close it out and it's not allowing me to. It is however allowing me to toggle around the room. 

I'm also having issues hiding labels of my cabinets and other appliances within my plan and elevations. 

I have a Lenovo yoga with the nvidia geoforce gtx so I am not sure why this is happening as I've got all the requirements almost 3x the minimum.

• By skirby19
      I'm using Chief Premier X9
      Build: 19.3.1.8x64

2 errors below. Please download my project file and see if this happen. This started once I did the latest update. Is there a way to revert to my previous build?

Error 1
      Open project file Open Library Browser Select any item but do not place on the plan Close Library Browser File Freezes. But I'm still able to use the cursor to save the file etc. and then I close the program and repeat to try to figure it out.  
      Error 2
      Open any item on the plan. e.g. Fixture, Wall, etc... Click on LABEL and it will not open. FILL STYLE won't open either.  All the rest will open fine.  

Plan_-_Webb[3]_auto_save.plan
    • By ChiefProspective
      We are a design build office considering purchasing a new drafting software, and it seems as though Chief has almost everything we are looking for. 

From searching here and looking over prior threads, I understand that the program doesn't have support for multiple users working on files that are stored on a network server.

If you have multiple users who need to work on a file (not at the same time), how do you keep track of the modifications? 

Are you using a third party software program to control the file locking and copying the file from the server down to the local machine's hard drive and copy the modified version back up?

Looking for ideas on what real people are finding works for them in an office environment.

All of our people are using Windows now, but there is some interest in moving to the Mac for on site work, so an ideal solution would work on both platforms.