How to make ramp goes down into the slab?

specop

I have a building that I am fixing up. One part of the building is 8" lower then the rest. So I solved that by making a separate room. But I am trying to make a ramp connecting the two. The ramp will be on the higher side and I will need to cut the slab. How do I set that chief architect. I cant see to get it to go into the floor.

Thank you

1 Princetn _8 (3)2.pdf

You may need to make a room with invisible walls ( unless existing room is one big ramp?)and then make the room Open below and then add a ramp as a Ramp alone will not cut the floor slab out for you.

Use the windows Snipping tool to post images direct to the thread please , pdfs mean we need to download them and save them then delete them...

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version, and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............
See mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to Toggle it on by going to the Upper RH Corner of this Forum Window and Clicking on your

Username and making sure Signature are enabled (green) and then Add your Own Sig. too :

UserName> Account > Signatures

M.

Thank you. Ill adjust my signature shortly. The problem with doing it as a separate room is that the way the rooms overlay and the windows.  See the attached picture.

The Area in green is one high, the areas in orange are 8" lower. The red area is in the green area (the higher hight), but it that is where the ramp it. It goes down for a bit and then there is a landing that is equal to the lo wer level. As you can see there is a window along the ramp so I am not sure how to have it separate as a separate room.

Thank you

prince.thumb.jpg.72eaf49ac8ff61915f3171fcd5b8f675.jpg

Post the Plan ( make sure closed in CA 1st or it wont attach ) and I'll have a quick look but am thinking what I suggested should work....

what version of Chief are you using? different versions require different answers which is why we like the Signature filled in too.

M.

If you did your Signature? you didn't enable Signatures for your Profile ...should go Green when checked as I don't see it....

or you filled in your Forum Profile Page Info and not your Signature perhaps under Account above?

M.

Capture.thumb.JPG.d459f37be8714753f1949e7ad43e188e.JPG

Almost. If you see the doorway to the left? (I circled it in this attached pic). The whole width of that door way is supposed to be a landing at the lower height. The ramp will start at the end of the doorway and go up from there.

Thank youac2.thumb.JPG.214be6c0c1e8a2fe97f214e841a99967.JPG