Commercial Steel Building

Electromen

When I do pre-engineered steel buildings I don't worry about the steel shapes - only the column base locations and dimensions, and the general arrangement of the wall/roof layers (outset girts, inset girts, etc.). My building and wall sections use a lot of CAD. All other aspects of modeling the building are standard Chief techniques.

Capture.thumb.JPG.730c6194f4902dd5011e764d290e1797.JPGCapture2.thumb.JPG.0fc2ccd5075f5a96de1d354faa46ef62.JPGCapture3.thumb.JPG.ddfd4e3c6f519ea4e48d081116c4189f.JPGCapture4.thumb.JPG.f3ee61aef0af5cf5c6ce05d73f6524ce.JPG

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rlackore said:

When I do pre-engineered steel buildings I don't worry about the steel shapes - only the column base locations and dimensions, and the general arrangement of the wall/roof layers (outset girts, inset girts, etc.). My building and wall sections use a lot of CAD. All other aspects of modeling the building are standard Chief techniques.

Thank you, That's kind of what I had in mind.  There is a Mezzanine level but CA can handle that.

Greg, if you really want to show the tapered bents they can be done pretty quick with polyline solids in elevation. I have done all kinds of irregular shapes from bents in prefabbed buildings to timber-framed structures. Draw the web, then the flanges, go to plan view and center them, block them and then mirror them for a bent line. Block the two halves and then transform replicate it for how ever many you want. Doesn't take very long to do. One simple trick I have learned is to first place a very tall and wide slab larger than the half bent. If not, you may have to "hunt" where CA put them in space. If you draw the bents with the slab behind them the PS will build right in front of the slab - easy to find.