Two floor framing questions

Larry_Sweeney

1.  Where do I find the setting for the number of rim joist? I did an auto framing and I have two rim joist. I don't ever remember having these before. There must be a setting somewhere.

2. Most of the floor joist framing in this model is 3 1/2" x 16" 24"o.c. truss joist. I have a section where I'm using 2x12 joist 16"o.c. Is there a way to have this floor framed automatically to all the right sizes correctly or do I have to change my 2x12's manually to the correct width? CA was making all the joist 3 1/2" wide. I've tried al kinds of searches, but I wasn't able to come up with an answer. I must be questioning the search wrong because I'm sure this has be asked before. Thank you

1.) in the Wall DBX there is a radio button for the No# of Rimjoists ........ If you have changed the Plan Default under Ext. Wall it will effect all exterior Walls.

2.) you should be able to Frame the Room with 2x12 with the Room's DBX>Structure>Floor Structure settings at the bottom....

47 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

1.) in the Wall DBX there is a radio button for the No# of Rimjoists ........ If you have changed the Plan Default under Ext. Wall it will effect all exterior Walls.

2.) you should be able to Frame the Room with 2x12 with the Room's DBX>Structure>Floor Structure settings at the bottom....

Mick...........1. I assume you are referring to the wall DBX. in framing defaults.  5b784b0d1066c_rimjoist.thumb.JPG.412911e9f520ee290c2f7ce20df721a1.JPG Where is "No# of Rimjoists box?

2. If I set the main area floor joist for 3 1/2"x16" 24"o.c.I can have an individual area have 11 1/4" floor joist but they are 3 1/2" wide and 24"o.co. I want the 2X12's                              to be 1 1/2" wide and 16"o.c. while my larger joist are 3 1/2" wide and 24"o.c..Can I do this by auto framing with changing one or the other joist manually?

1.)  each WALL DBX has theRim Joist Radio Button under Structure  ( 4th section) ........... Default is Automatic

2.) let me check..... I think the Room's Joists will have to be group selected and changed to 1 1/2" though.

42 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I think the Room's Joists will have to be group selected and changed to 1 1/2" though.

It is do-able ....... by selecting Joist and then Shift-Selecting the Joists you want to be 1.5" , it will say no change , when you open the DBX due to the group selection, but it does allow it and apply the thickness change.

Capture1.thumb.JPG.e225463f7c1208b67574efbbaa60a212.JPGCapture2.thumb.JPG.ab8bbd54351fcaef4eb6c25794365e18.JPG

I think this would be a good one to add to Suggestions actually ...if we can specify type and Depth why not width per room?

M.

Mick...............Thanks for taking the time. Your knowledge and advice is much appreciated. I now understand that I can change joist width for certain areas by group selecting, but what I'm gathering is the on center width can not be changed by group selecting. It looks like I would have to delete the joist that are at the wrong on centers and manually install them. Is that correct? Above all none of this can be setup in the auto framing for different areas

1 hour ago, solver said:

Framing in Chief needs work ...

Try this.

ct1.thumb.jpg.a0970b30381e79a256021246cddaa51c.jpg

Curious if the Label on the JD Line (JDL) changes to the correct size for you ? ......

The Joist will re-space as shown , ( on rebuild ) and the Spacing measurement (24" in pic) changes but I am not sure why it is saying the Joists are 4x12 ?

The I-Joist JDL is showing sizes and spacing correctly

Capture3.thumb.JPG.6da9abc3bbcbad6d3d387c1a08db0c88.JPG