VIDEO LESSON - Screen Porch w/cathedral Clg

SNestor

19 hours ago, Douglas49 said:

Thanks Steve

Enjoyed the video which I learn't from. Good techniques which were clearly explained.

I also liked the attention to detail. Accuracy has greater priority over speed.

Regards

Thanks...glad I was able to help!

Nice video Steve and really appreciate your other video as well. You presented some options I hadn't thought of.

Quick question about this technique - is there any reason you can't create a new wall type that is just screen for the attic wall? It seems to work OK on a plan I was messing with but curious how it might mix with your custom screen walls. You would still have to create beams and posts but could save a step perhaps?

Again, thanks for the video.

scrren 1.png

On 8/20/2018 at 10:12 PM, HumbleChief said:

Nice video Steve and really appreciate your other video as well. You presented some options I hadn't thought of.

Quick question about this technique - is there any reason you can't create a new wall type that is just screen for the attic wall? It seems to work OK on a plan I was messing with but curious how it might mix with your custom screen walls. You would still have to create beams and posts but could save a step perhaps?

Again, thanks for the video.

scrren 1.png

Larry - you are right.  I could have created a wall type for the gable wall that was a single layer of screen.   Thanks for the suggestion.  

I don’t believe using a wall...and not a railing wall for the screen porch is a good idea.  You would have to use P-Solids for all the posts and bottom and mid rails...never mind any customization.  If anything changed you’d be moving all the solids one at a time.  Very tedious.  You could use a molding line and create the beam and rails fairly quickly...but then when you go to place the door...you’d have to break the molding line.  Just too tedious. 

Nothing beats using panels with railing walls walls for a screen porch. 

8 hours ago, SNestor said:

Larry - you are right.  I could have created a wall type for the gable wall that was a single layer of screen.   Thanks for the suggestion.  

Nothing beats using panels with railing walls walls for a screen porch. 

Yeah those panels with railing walls are a sweet solution...

Years ago (maybe version X3) I posted a thread using the same technique for Storefront Window Walls.  It was in the old CT Forum so I don't have access to it any more.  IAE. the procedure was almost identical, just using glass instead of screen.5b7eb565780fd_StoreFrontWindowWall.thumb.JPG.d2bdb639b97e5aa71e17666e6f2ee4ad.JPG