Walls not connecting

Evolution

(Solved this one my self. Used a CAD line to outline the walls in the DWG file from the Arch.  Then opened each CAD line DBX for angle and length, then the wall DBX for each wall, setting the length and angle per the info retrieved from the cad lines.  Long way around but it worked!)

Had to jump on another project for the same client I'm doing FS 2 for.  I started modeling from imported DWG files and at the front of the existing building is a radiused glass wall. I started drawing it with straight (exterior walls) which is the way it is built in real life. It is actually a number of straight sections of Glazed Aluminum Storefront, which in order to model it I was going to use windows ceiling to floor converted to glass no casing, sills, lintels etc.  I keep getting the error message that the walls are not connecting.  I've selected each wall and used the join tool but they're not joining for some reason. I know its got to be a simple fix, but I haven't found it yet.

Walls not connecting.PNG

MPD Plan.plan

16 hours ago, Evolution said:

Had to jump on another project for the same client I'm doing FS 2 for.  I started modeling from imported DWG files and at the front of the existing building is a radiused glass wall. I started drawing it with straight (exterior walls) which is the way it is built in real life. It is actually a number of straight sections of Glazed Aluminum Storefront, which in order to model it I was going to use windows ceiling to floor converted to glass no casing, sills, lintels etc.  I keep getting the error message that the walls are not connecting.  I've selected each wall and used the join tool but they're not joining for some reason. I know its got to be a simple fix, but I haven't found it yet.

Walls not connecting.PNG

MPD Plan.plan

JT is correct Bob , they are just "Off Angle Warnings"  not  "not connected all warnings"....  right click yellow triangle and choose Ignore all off angle walls....

*** the middle wall however should be -90° that warning is correct it is -89°  I also noticed the walls either side of the bump out don't line up, one is snapped to your grid on the exterior the other on the interior wall side, just wasn't sure if that is correct?.

The walls just aren't drawn on the preset allowed angle is all

The plan I'm doing is an addition to our existing PD. I imported the original DWG file from the Architect. I attempted to do Cad to walls but that didn't work, so I'm drawing walls over the base plan that I imported.  I have the wall angle issue (the original question) worked out by drawing a cad line over the interior wall line of the DWG plan and drawing new walls so the interior side lines up on the cad line, then opening each wall dbx setting the angles and lengths to match each similar wall. 

Now, I need to draw the existing roof overhanging the lobby.  There are two support columns, and a gable roof over the aluminum storefront entry. I also need to covert the angles walls to look like aluminum store front and suppose I will have to drawing fixed windows for each, removing casings, sills and lintels inside and our for each? Changing the material to aluminum etc.? Any advise?

Convert walls to Aluminum Store front.PNG

MPD Plan.plan

Draw porch over storefront.PNG

Walls connect..PNG

7 minutes ago, Evolution said:

The plan I'm doing is an addition to our existing PD. I imported the original DWG file from the Architect. I attempted to do Cad to walls but that didn't work, so I'm drawing walls over the base plan that I imported.  I have the wall angle issue (the original question) worked out by drawing a cad line over the interior wall line of the DWG plan and drawing new walls so the interior side lines up on the cad line, then opening each wall dbx setting the angles and lengths to match each similar wall. 

Now, I need to draw the existing roof overhanging the lobby.  There are two support columns, and a gable roof over the aluminum storefront entry. I also need to covert the angles walls to look like aluminum store front and suppose I will have to drawing fixed windows for each, removing casings, sills and lintels inside and our for each? Changing the material to aluminum etc.? Any advise?

Convert walls to Aluminum Store front.PNG

MPD Plan.plan

Draw porch over storefront.PNG

Walls connect..PNG

A Manual roof could be done but Invisible walls around the Lobby may give you the Roof all Auto too.

You are probably on the right track for the Store Front Windows , you will likely need to set the Window Defaults Separation Value to 0" 1st though so you can bump each window upto the one next to it , a small thin Casing , maybe needed to cover the gaps due to the angles , I am not sure how Mulling the Windows will work in this particular case.

M.

• Upvote 1