shower doors

Helene

I am a new Interiors user (previously Home Designer) and can anyone help me with shower doors.  I want to attached a shower door showing hinges and handle to a fixed panel of glass.

ie not a cubicle, the glass is just along one wall and is a walk in shower with door.

In Premier there is a Glass Shower Wall that is just a Main Layer of 1/2" Glass I think.  If not maybe I made it but it is real simple.

This will allow you to place a hinged slab door in the wall and you just need to adjust the thickness and turn off the casing then make the door glass. You will also have control of the hardware in the door DBX. Not sure if it all works the same in Interiors.

14 hours ago, Helene said:

Awesome - thank you so much - it works - just still trying to turn off the skirting on the glass wall. :)

You will need to delete the Base Molding from the room created by the shower and unfortunately likely also the rest of the bathroom.  However you can create a manual room molding polyline for the bathroom and manually edit which walls it goes on.

15 hours ago, Helene said:

Awesome - thank you so much - it works - just still trying to turn off the skirting on the glass wall. :)

Problems like that are why I generally use Solids for the Curbs and make Glass Doors and Panels out of Solids or Soffits ( cabinet menu )

I also use Material Regions for the Tile with it set not to cut the parent layer so you get the real thickness shown. Set a material region 1/16th" thicker than the main one if you want to have a feature Band ...pic below in another post.....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/19010-creating-a-shower-curb-with-soffits/?do=findComment&comment=156340

Thanks Kbird1.

Here is Australia we don't use shower curbs or trays, the glass goes straight down onto the floor, so using the glass shower wall and door works perfectly for me, except for the skirting. Will experiment with using the solids (I guess you mean partitions, or soffits from the cabinet menu.

12 minutes ago, Helene said:

Thanks Kbird1.

Here is Australia we don't use shower curbs or trays, the glass goes straight down onto the floor, so using the glass shower wall and door works perfectly for me, except for the skirting. Will experiment with using the solids (I guess you mean partitions, or soffits from the cabinet menu.

In that particular bathroom I used a tray and a Tiled Curb but that isn't necessary if you have a Concrete Slab floor and want a "Barrier Free" shower.

by Solid I mean a Polyline Solid (PSolid)..... it is the Far right hand icon on the top toolbar usually ...grey and blue with a P above it...default material is Concrete but it can be changed to anything eg Glass or Tile

here's a quick plan with a few bits and pieces to see what I mean....

Shower For Helene.plan

That's great, thank you. I will have a practice tomorrow. It is so nice to have the support of other users.  Although the knowledge base and videos are great, sometimes you  just have to know how to ask the questions to get the right answers.  This is so much quicker and we are all time poor - so I really appreciate it.