landing at top of stair that is 7" approx lower than floor above

DianeP

My client is wanting the stairway from the ground level garage to the 1st living floor.  He wants this stair to attach to a landing that is a step below where the door to enter the house is located.  In other words,  coming from the house to the garage, you would pull open the door and step down onto the landing and then follow the stairs down to the garage level.  Is there a way to do this using the stairway and landing tools.  I have always had a landing going between two sets of stairs, or have the floor being accessed provide a landing.  Hope I have explained this well enough for you to understand. 

Shouldn't be an Issue , the step down to the landing should be the same size as the standard Stair Riser Height. Though in alot of places you cannot have a Door open with a step down directly at the opening.

If you Draw the Staircase and make it best Fit Floor to Floor the DBX will tell you the number of Risers and their Size , you can then uncheck Automatic heights and subtract one Riser and draw in the landing manually adjusting its height as needed.

M.

• Upvote 1