Custom Deck Panels

Decorationarts

Hello all you Chief Experts. 

I am trying to built a custom deck panel for a deck design. What comes with Chief is not what the customer wants. Support suggests that I build it in Chief, but I already built it in Sketchup, including the entire assembly, I could export/import as a CAD object or CAD, but I I want the quickest way, the has a lot of parts and I want it very specific to the design. I have attached a PDF from (Sketchup) Layout. Thoughts and comments would be greatly appreciated. I am using Chief X6 on a PC 64 Dual Quad

Eric Breuer

Decoration Arts

707-514-7278

File>Import>Import 3d Symbol

Select the .skp file and click Open

Category: Millwork (use advanced options if you want/need)

Open the Railing Specification dbx for the railing you want to change.

Rail Style>Specify Railing>Panels

Newels/Balusters>NewelsPosts>Width=0"; Height=whatever you want, Offset=0", Spacing=80"

Panels>Type>click the Library button and select the panel symbol in your user catalog

There are some options you can play around with to get exactly what you want, such as raising the bottom rail, etc.

Not "Molding Planes".  "Molding Polylines" - basically a Line on which you can add 1 or more Molding Profiles and/or 3D Molding Symbols.  Learning to use this tool is a big deal in Chief.  With it, you can create a lot of "extruded shapes" for railings, etc.