GMBKitchens

Adjusting wall heights

I'm having issues adjusting the height of an interior wall. Done it before using the cross section/elevation. But this time it's always the wall furthest back the one that gets selected. Even when it's not highlighted gray. On this picture you can see I have the wall I want to make it 45" height highlighted gray but it was the back outside wall where the door is the one that got adjusted. Am I doing something wrong that I forgot about?

00.jpg

Have you considered making it a railing wall?

1 hour ago, solver said:

Have you considered making it a railing wall?

This would be the easiest way and give you a wall Cap which you would get if you drag it down Manually.....

In the wall DBX  check the Railing box and set it to a solid Type if not already done and under Newel set the height to 45"

Are you sure that you are not selecting the room and not the rear wall?

Go to Preferences...Architectural...Walls...uncheck "Select Room Before Walls in 3D".

Try selecting the wall.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefPerry
    Newest Member
    ChiefPerry

• By cajunland
      Issue in X12 when using break tool to adjust wall for an extension over a column.
      Bare wall end fir stud and overhead framing stud can be seen in wall section instead of drywall.

See attached file/pic.

I do not believe soffit is viable solution as I am seeing that soffits will not frame.
      So framing is important.

Many thanks to Solver as he addressed this issue and resolved it for my needs by applying different wall types to the wall area drawing. I posted my original files as reference and Solver's solution file (1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds).
      And the solution frames out too as can be seen in file with camera Perspective Floor & Perspective Framing views.

Wall End Issues.plan
      1868954996_MHD_sampletemplateplanSolutionWallEnds.plan
    • By Upward1
      please tell me how to calculate the length of all the walls
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Hello, Is it possible to create a ceiling assembly schedule in CA? I could not find one, nor an option to assign to a custom schedule. Any tips?
    • By Designer100
      can anyone explain how and help me enclose between this new gable roof and ceiling. Also looking toward house thru gable closing in with Hardi-siding. The old roof is showing thru and something else when I do a rendering (see attached). Need to look good for a client in 3 D. They are adding a roof over existing 10' x 20' patio. 

thank you if you can help.

Newell Cheatheam
      CA 12
      newell@newellcheatheam.com 

Patio Remodeling.plan
    • By ChiefuserMathews
      Is it possible to create a wall type as attached in the image?. This is for a roof top patio partition wall. Could some one guide me please.