Deck rails

Doornbos

I have a mezzanine I am building in a garage and the railing is 1.5' above the deck floor.  I have tried changing the room type to balcony, etc. and it has not fixed the railing, even when I reframe the walls.  Any ideas or tips for fixing these rails?

TIA

Likely need a little more information to help out on an issue like this.  Not exactly sure if the railing is elevated and you want it on the floor or the other way around ?  Possibly default wall bottom height but could really be anything. Might have to post your plan file and let us know what version you are using or at least a screen shot of the situation.

Welcome to the forum and I hope we can find a solution for you.

Hey thanks for responding! I am attaching a picture of it to this post.  I need the railing to sit on the balcony floor surface evenly (like most railings).  For some reason it is sitting about 1.5' above the floor surface.  I am currently using X9.  If you need any more info I am able to give it to you.

Decking Problem.png

It looks like it is because you changed the floor height of the Open Below Room , make it the same as the Mezz. level ie 105" , it doesn't matter since it is Open below anyway and not really there. And as Glenn mentioned change the Room Type to Storage for example ( rename as Mezz. Level) , so the edge of the floor generates properly and you get a ceiling underneath... I also noticed the stairs to the Mezz. need an adjustment too,  the top flight is buried in the Mezz. Floor , making the lower Flight 1 tread longer/higher may work so that 2nd flight can be then shortened one step.

Capture2.thumb.PNG.1ff3f8f1c2cd3cbcd834107671280796.PNG

On 6/8/2018 at 12:31 PM, Doornbos said:

Here are the plans. Thanks yall.  I am pretty stumped.

McKibbon_mezz.zip