Exterior Door

chief58

Looking for an exterior door with sidelites on each side and a rectangular transom above, can't seem to find it in the chief lib. and was wondering if anyone had one or could tell me where to find one

Thanks

Joe can't find just a sidelite so I can put a window above and if I use a window and adjust the sash I can't get a raised panel in the sidelite, any of the bonus lib that have a door with 2 sidelites on them doesn't have a transom above and when adding a window for the transom it won't mull together. I was hoping Chief would have such a common door configuration in there lib. I even tried 3d warehouse with no luck

Joe can't find just a sidelite so I can put a window above and if I use a window and adjust the sash I can't get a raised panel in the sidelite, any of the bonus lib that have a door with 2 sidelites on them doesn't have a transom above and when adding a window for the transom it won't mull together. I was hoping Chief would have such a common door configuration in there lib. I even tried 3d warehouse with no luck

Mull the Door and Sidelights first.  Then make sure the edges of the transom are aligned with the edges of the sidelights and mull those together.  Chief simply requires that the heights match for side by side and that the widths match for vertical mulling.

ok after all that time Joe you had it, in the core catalog, under doors and doorways, then entryways it has with transoms rectangular and there is a bunch with single and double sidelites with transoms above. Tommy I did make the sidelites and when you make them out of windows you don't get the raised panel below the glass, when i used a door that had a single raised panel below when I adjusted the size to 14" couldn't get the sash to adjust so that the window was wider

Ray..........I just read your post so I'm not sure if you are still interested in a door unit with sidelites, rect. transom, but I'll send it out anyway. I had this in a model I did a few years back so I just took the wall that had the door unit in it and put it in a new plan rather than make it a symbol. You can unblock it and play around with the size.

door.zip