ComputerMaster86

Export Only Single User Library Folder

Is there an option to export an individual folder as opposed exporting the whole entire user library?

I was for some reason thinking that exported the whole entire user library?  I must of missed something.  Thank you for your help.

Lance,

You need to click on the specific folder you want and then select "Export Library".

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By YoderW
      Hey all,

Is there a way to control what Chief names each material as it's importing a model as a collada (.dae) file?

At my company, we use Chief to build the base model and then export as a collada file to import into Lumion to render. Lumion's latest version has the ability to automatically replace materials with "glass" or "water" in the name with those kinds of materials when importing, but for some reason Chief will randomly assign names to materials during the collada export process like "mat127-material," regardless of what they are named in the material settings. Other export processes will keep the material names, but those have their own problems in Lumion. The 3DS format, for example, is the best alternative, but it changes the scale of the model. 

I can't seem to find anywhere in the preferences to mess with export settings, though. It's nothing that totally breaks our workflow, as it only takes a couple seconds to replace the material, but it would be a nice little quality-of-life feature we could take advantage of if we could get Chief to cooperate. 
    • By Luciano
      Hi everyone, 
      Is it possible to create more then one new material at the time?

I have in a folder filled with wood grain pictures (vertical & horizontal) and I would like to add them all to my library but doing it one by one will take forever... From what I see in the program, there doesn't seem to be a way yet. But I imagine or hope that someone found a way to do it.  I must not be the first user who wants to do that to save time. Any idea everyone?  Thank you.
    • By YoderW
      I work in an office setting with two coworkers, and we are trying to figure out a way to have one shared User Library. Our current setup has one computer hosting all of our project files, with each of our individual computers having remote access to the file directory. Our computers have Chief set up individually, with our own libraries and data directories currently. Our primary desire is to share the libraries we've each created for materials and color swatches, as well as custom models. We do work for 40-50 facilities, and they like to change up their materials and colors relatively often, so keeping all of it coordinated and organized can be difficult. 

Our desire is to have a shared User Library on the host computer that we all have access to, that will update itself without us having to constantly export and import the libraries for each other. Kind of like how Chief will automatically check for updates to the library catalogs you can download from the website. This way if one of us creates new items in our own library, it will update for everyone.

I've searched Google and the forums multiple times over the last couple days and have found that it should be possible, but the "solutions" are either for a much older version of Chief, the people involved don't describe how they set it up, or they use an extra 3rd-party application to help. Our company is extremely strict about what we install on our machines, so we can't guarantee they would approve a small program we download from what they may consider to be a questionable site. The specific solution i'm thinking of was set up for OneDrive, too, so i'm not sure it would even work for us. OneDrive is a potential option, but again, we'd like to avoid the extra programs involved in that solution. Surely there should be a way to set this up with Chief alone by now? I tried creating a folder on our shared drive and redirecting my own User Library there, but it didn't update itself when I scanned after having a coworker make a change to one of the libraries I had created and re-export it to said folder. 

Thanks in advance!
    • By JMorelli
      Has anyone been having issues with saving their user library to the cloud? Specifically Google Drive?

I've noticed some items won't sync b/w devices & I've also had textures go missing. The Cloud folder has additional files being created by Chief titled 'User_Library[Conflict]'

Would love to know why this is occurring. 
    • By OnlineBuilder
      Im exporting my CA models to DAE, then converting them on Autodesk FBX converter on a Windows laptop. For some reason, the odd plan does not convert saying "not enough parameters". Its a pain because I can't start them again. 

I did some Googling and one solution was to convert the CA file to an obj, which you can't (Strange). 

Does anyone know why it is doing this? Is there another converter that works?