Sign in to follow this  
allopher

Opening with a non flat top cannot be mulled underneath another opening

Hello,

I'm trying to create a mulled unit (see image).  But am getting the error "Opening with a non flat top cannot be mulled underneath another opening".  The door and left window have already been mulled together.  As far as I can tell, their top is flat.  I get this error when trying to mull the window/door unit with the top window.  What is the correct way to do this?

Mulled.png

Visually they may look flat. Do they both have the same top height numbers in the DBX?

Post a simple plan demonstrating the problem.

And ...

Also a good idea to fill out your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left. 
Your version of Chief (X9, X10) (Premier, Interiors) is the important info.

Thanks to you both.  Turns out the window / door combo were not the same height.  When i created a sample to demo the problem, this time with windows and doors with casings, it become much clearer that there was a height difference.  Checking the actual position would have been a simpler solution.  Newbie mistake.  By the way, what does DBX stand for?

1 minute ago, allopher said:

what does DBX stand for?

Dialog Box

I had this happen recently on a similar situation. I kept thinking the dbx  warning related to a "curved top" problem, which I didn't have; wasn't that silly of me to think that? :D That's what I get for thinking "inside the box."