Cameras As Callouts Suddenly Grew

MarkMc

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

What'd I do? I was working on the layout- I didn't go near the defaults. I was trying to figure out the page macros and how to put in a page table- all that went just fine I though. Changed pages and the things looked odd? I had at one point clicked on the callout tool in the layout but don't think I put one in place.

I tried deleting the view, doing a few rounds of save as. Going through archives (only a little way back in time though)

I can open an older plan and get back the original size, send to layout and it stays there fine.

IF I go and associate the elevations (back clipped) with that file THEN the Callout grows.

What'd I do :huh:

Zip file has plan and layout.

post-85-0-11880500-1407098676_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-73471100-1407098683_thumb.jpg

Callout.zip

FYI:

I don't see any macros --- but you have automatic checked (below the line) in your callouts ,which is the default. This will pick up the layout label name for the layout page you sent the elev to.

Only pickups on the the original send which is why you don't see the same effect if the elev are already there. Not sure I agree which this behavior?

Uncheck auto or change you labels to something smaller.

I can't find any macros in any of the default callouts. I tried uncheck automatic and got smaller but not where it started. In the process of building a new layout which so far is working. Have to head home for dinner (or in trouble) will get back to it in an hour. Thanks.

Thanks folks, worked out, bless you all.

I cleared all page labels and titles which settled things down. I unchecked "below line" before I put back the titles and left labels blank. All is fine now.

Is there a default somewhere for "below line" or does that have to be done manually every time?

Only pickups on the the original send which is why you don't see the same effect if the elev are already there. Not sure I agree which this behavior?

Uncheck auto or change you labels to something smaller.

I'm not sure that it only picks up on the  first send if I understand what you mean? In this case all the views were already on the layout, The page information was added afterward. When I was fiddling with archive files and save as I ran into one where the callouts were all fine- UNTIL I opened an elevation from the layout. Then the callout for that elevation only grew in size.