When I Draw A Polyline Solid On The Second Fl. It Shows Up, On The First Floor?

zowie123

Essentially It shows up at 36" off the first floor not the second floor.  Was that always the case?  I thought when I drew them on the second floor, it knew that it was 36" off the second floor?  Just checking to see if I should readjust my expectations:)

Thank you for considering,

Zowie.

I had this same issue and submitted a support ticket for it recently. The suggestion I received from CA was to use the "P-solid" tool on the toolbar to create an object when in elevation view rather than creating a polyline and then converting it to a polyline solid.

I added the "P-solid" button to my toolbar set so I could access it quickly. You can find the button if you search under the customize toolbar area. Now when I create p-solids, they appear on the correct floor.

Hope this helps.

I believe that Polyline Solids - like slabs and primitive solids are set at "Absolute Elevation", not "Floor Relative".  It's one of those things that it would be nice to have another data box for in the dbx.

Slight correction to this comment. If you place a slab in plan view using the slab tool, It will place the slab by default at 12" above the floor height on the relative floor you're on. In other words, if you place a slab on the second floor, it will be 12" above that that floor height and will be 4" thick. Same on any floor you place it including the first floor. I can't remember right off about the foundation level.

The slab tool height does display it's height in the absolute value.

The Slab does have a DBX that lets you set the height at top rel. to the 1st Floor level for 0 (for instance 9' 9 3/8" might be the floor level of Flr 2).

But P-Solids don't. Makes for some funny stuff with Library items made from P-Solids. There is no DBX to set P-Solids to the 1st floor or Sea Level, 

In the picture, the Rug can be put back on the 2nd Floor - but not the Headboard Symbol.

post-72-0-82228400-1406841654_thumb.png