Leader Lines Going Astray

dslocicero

I am having problems with my leader lines (the lines/arrows associated with notes). When reopen my CA layout files, I often find that 50% to 75% of my leader lines have gone wild, are no longer in the correct places and have stretched all over the drawing. It looks like a digital gremlin has scrawled all over the drawing making angular spaghetti out of my leader lines/arrows. It takes so much time having to go back and fix them, and I sometimes don't find them all until after I've printed hard copy.

How can I keep this from happening?

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

Sounds to me like the leaders became associated with specific objects, such as cad linework, walls, text, etc. Then, when the object is moved, the leader moves with it, often giving wild and undesirable results. I'm not aware of any way to prevent this association - if I did, I would turn it off.

post-95-0-65146600-1406576027_thumb.png

post-95-0-02256100-1406576052_thumb.png

What I have found is this generally happens when you have copy/pasted text and leader lines to other places on the drawing.  Then, re-open, and they want to point back to their original objective.  If you think this is the case with you, I would file a bug report about it.