SNestor

GABLE END WALL w/Sloped CLG Plane

Can anyone tell me why when I create this gable end wall which extend over a porch room that has a sloped ceiling plane...why the ceiling plane cuts off the gable end and it ends up sticking down below the sloped ceiling plane?  I thought if I selected "roof cuts wall at bottom"...that might help...but it didn't.  

In PIC #1 you can see the gable end wall sticking down below the porch sloped ceiling.

In PIC #2...I tried pulling the roof all the wall into the building and using "roof cuts wall at bottom"...but that didn't work either.

In PIC #3...I pulled the roof back to the face of the gable end wall.  Same result.

I'm hoping someone can help just by looking at some pics...as the file is large.  If not...I'll try to simplify the plan and upload. 

Thanks

5a5d7e6f1081e_GABLEENDWALLISSUE1.thumb.png.09be220f2789466faeb613e8b5134dd3.png  5a5d7e791b26d_GABLEENDWALLISSUE2.thumb.png.0d1480faa98fa3f2925ec347bcddfe28.png  5a5d7e83b9cab_GABLEENDWALLISSUE3.thumb.png.42e81b26f2a9138408163a264818b250.png

Attached is a test plan that closely represents the plan I'm working on...I got the same result.  

I think I'm doing something wrong...but, not sure what.  

Thanks for looking...

GABLE END WALL ISSUE - PLAN.plan

Go to attic, draw in wall. Set to Attic Wall and Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom.

ct2.thumb.jpg.34cbcd629d1ead2a7522ff6cfe8cfa7e.jpgct1.thumb.jpg.1d3f7ab96ff1a35388cf9bf14b48ebb4.jpg

And you need to delete the wall showing under the porch roof.

11 hours ago, solver said:

Go to attic, draw in wall. Set to Attic Wall and Roof Cuts Wall At Bottom.

ct2.thumb.jpg.34cbcd629d1ead2a7522ff6cfe8cfa7e.jpgct1.thumb.jpg.1d3f7ab96ff1a35388cf9bf14b48ebb4.jpg

Thank you Eric...that worked.  One more question...does the gable end wall above the porch ceiling (roof cuts wall at bottom) have to be a separate wall from the main gable end wall?  I had it as one long wall...and selected roof cuts at bottom...and it messed up the entire wall. 

Thanks again...

5a5e235e11ab0_GABLEENDISSUE5.thumb.png.b61651c9d361e8ebefe1284136eb5b61.png  5a5e2373a7553_GABLEENDWALLISSUE4.thumb.png.cdf49040fe24e50270e81c64f8bdca49.png

Chief still won't generate an automatic attic wall where no wall below exists.

28 minutes ago, SNestor said:

does the gable end wall above the porch ceiling (roof cuts wall at bottom) have to be a separate wall from the main gable end wall?  I had it as one long wall...and selected roof cuts at bottom...and it messed up the entire wall. 

Don't know if it must be separate, but it always seems to work that way. On occasion I have been able to use a single wall, but it's very plan specific.

Your plan, for example, has a second floor, but no defined room there, which may make a difference.

14 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Chief still won't generate an automatic attic wall where no wall below exists.

Perry - thanks.  That makes sense...

8 minutes ago, solver said:

Don't know if it must be separate, but it always seems to work that way. On occasion I have been able to use a single wall, but it's very plan specific.

Your plan, for example, has a second floor, but no defined room there, which may make a difference.

Eric...thanks much for the help and info.  The second floor may have something to do with it as I don't recall having this problem using an OOB template...which didn't have a second floor.  May have to experiment to see...

Thanks again.