AE_Drafting

Different Labels for Different Layer Sets?

I would like to find out if there is a way to have a different label for windows and doors based on different layer sets. I would like to use my window schedule (with labels) for my main floor plan layer set, but would like it if the headers were just auto-labeled on my wall framing plan with the header sizes. I can create a custom label that updates the header size per the window or door ((2) 2x%header_depth% Header), which I just put into my default window and door labels. However, I can only get one or the other to show up in both layer sets as I have to edit the object to tell it which label to display. 

I have some macros that handles that.  The price for the "Layerset Openings Macro Package" is $25.00

There are 3 macros (they recognize that that the Layer Set is either Framing or not and display the information accordingly)

• Layer Set Niche Label
  • Layer Set Opening Label
  • Label Set Opening Label w/Hdr Length

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You can also use these...

Thank you so much for sharing! I also learned a lot about manipulating the macros from your video that I will most definitely be putting to use. I updated all my defaults and it is working flawlessly! 

12 hours ago, AE_Drafting said:

Thank you so much for sharing! I also learned a lot about manipulating the macros from your video that I will most definitely be putting to use. I updated all my defaults and it is working flawlessly! 

You're welcome.  Glad to hear they're working for you!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By MichaelaS
      Looking for a way to add window and door toppers for interior millwork. 

• By Designer100
      1)I need to create a 3' x 6'8" with 1'4" Transom. I need it to look Similar to attched picture as a 36" width door. 
      Would appreciate any help. Bedroom 2 entry door was one I was trying to make , then copy it other places. trim overlaps door on top.
      2) Also home is 24" off grade built up under slab. any suggestions appreciated.  second floor will be left unfinished for future build out .
      3) garage door into house is showing below 24" raised for ada lift and steps. 

Thanks for any help. 

Newell
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com 

Richie_house._La.plan
    • By 9atatimer
      I'm using X11 premier on a mac -- I have an exterior garage wall (with a centered garage door) and a gable end -- I'd like to split the attic wall of the gable end into 3 parts -- the central region above the garage door, and the left and right, to have a different material above the garage door.

I have Default Settings > Roof > Auto Rebuild Roof set to Off
      I have Default Settings > Framing > Automatically Build Floor and Ceiling Framing Off on all framing types.
      I have Default Settings > Walls > General Walls > Auto Rebuild Attic Walls set to Off

If I delete the roof and ceiling planes with Build > Roof > Delete [X] and then use the Build > Roof > Build Roof ... dialog to rebuild the roof and attic from scratch -- I leave the Auto Rebuild Roofs set to Off, to be clear -- and then edit the resulting gable roof on the attic layer, I can split it twice to produce the three separate wall sections, but once I change the exterior material on any of the sections, the three wall segments get replaced with a single wall again.  The new wall has my selected material, but that does me no good as I need the distinct secgments.

Anyone know what setting do I need to turn off to maintain the manually edited gable end?  Or is this a mac bug?

Or, barring that, does anyone know what approach will let me give the desired finish detail (attached a pic of a freehand elevation)?

• By DTCBuild
      I design for a builder who uses concrete walls (Ritek). The builder wants the plans to show the window size correctly with the cutout 40mm larger all round. I see you can do this with stem walls. Is there a work around for normal walls? Doors are ok, I just make the jamb 40mm wide. This doesn’t seem to work for windows. The wall manufacturer wants to read my cad files, measuring the rough openings.  Any suggestions would be great, thanks
    • By fangelo
      Does anyone have, or know how to create an inswing exterior door with an out-swing storm or screen door?